Lexus Vs Toytoa Service Dpt For Timing Belt Change

thank you for the advice dcfish! starting to feel comfortable about toyota choice. all other opinions are welcome.

I have been using the same toyota dealer for 15 years, They know me and I always have the same tech do the service. He is the top tech in a 3 state area. He instructs classes for Toyota service personal and is really a great all around person. I also have developed a relationship with the service mgr. So that said, Find a mechanic that YOU trust and stick with him. Labor is less expensive, Same parts ( which I purchase and supply ) So all I pay is labor. :cheers:

We have a Toyota and a Lexus. The Toyota has always gone to the Toyota dealer for work because it was purchased new, and it's "her" car. The Lexus is used, very used, so I take it to an independent Toyota/Lexus mechanic. They only work on Toyota/Lexus. They are much less expensive than the Lexus dealer, and probably less than the Toyota dealer. My independent mechanic is impressive. I feel that their knowledge/experience is greater than that of the dealer. I'm sure the dealers are good, but I just can't trust the 90 day wonders that the dealers employ for basic work. The guys at the independent mechanic shop drive Lexus vehicles, and Toyotas. They are really into the cars.

one thing i can say as an independent...we tend to see a lot of cars with higher mileages then the dealer does, so a lot of the time we are fixing problems they might never see. not to mention we are, well at least my place, are more willing to think "outside the box" when needed.

We have a Toyota and a Lexus. The Toyota has always gone to the Toyota dealer for work because it was purchased new, and it's "her" car. The Lexus is used, very used, so I take it to an independent Toyota/Lexus mechanic. They only work on Toyota/Lexus. They are much less expensive than the Lexus dealer, and probably less than the Toyota dealer. My independent mechanic is impressive. I feel that their knowledge/experience is greater than that of the dealer. I'm sure the dealers are good, but I just can't trust the 90 day wonders that the dealers employ for basic work. The guys at the independent mechanic shop drive Lexus vehicles, and Toyotas. They are really into the cars.

Can you tell me who your private mechanic is?

Thank you

i dont have one. i took my car to toyota this past thursday. cost 428.00 total. i think it was 2 or 3 belts and a seal. did i get ripped or was that a good price? lexus wanted 600.00 b4 tax. i live in the charlotte,nc area.

Can you tell me who your private mechanic is?

They are TLC (Toyota Lexus Care). Located in San Diego, in the Kearny Mesa area. 858-541-0852

That's a bit of a drive from Idyllwild. Speaking of which, my grandparents used to live in San Jacinto, so I spent some time in Idyllwild as a kid. How did you fair in the recent fire?