Difference Between Us & Jdm 2jz-ge N/a

Well 2 weeks ago I developed a rod knock at 203k miles. I have purchased a JDM 2JZ-GE and am getting ready to install it. Visually I can see several things that are different. The new engine has TRAC written on the throttle body, there is no EGR valve, and this engine has a flexplate instead of a flywheel. I am unsure of what parts are compatible and which arent. What things are different and what is needed to be done to make this install go smooth?

Thanks

you must have got an auto motor it it has a flex plate. main differences are emmissions related. you can swap heads or just the intake manifold depening if the egr goes through the head or jsut the in mani.

Yeah I would agree it is definatly an engine sourced from an automatic because of the flexplate and also the TRAC throttle body. On my US 2JZ the EGR comes out of the head right next to the 6th runner on the intake manifold and runs up to the Y-pipe directly after my throttle body. The JDM 2JZ intake manifold has an EGR block plate that is actually part of the manifold itself (one piece) and the Y-pipe after the throttle body has no spot for an EGR at all. I would prefer to keep the JDM manifold on if at all possible, I realize I will have to change my throttle body and various sensors, tps etc. Does my EGR send a signal to my ecu? What would happen If I did keep the JDM manifold and Y-pipe on the engine just to disable the EGR? Thanks for your help

I know when I did my jdm install, all I did was use the new block and use my old excess parts like intake piping. The injectors are different from us spec along with a few other items. egr- leave it gone and add a diode to the relay to fake the comp. It's just hot gas going back into your cool intake.

• 3 months later...

I know when I did my jdm install, all I did was use the new block and use my old excess parts like intake piping. The injectors are different from us spec along with a few other items. egr- leave it gone and add a diode to the relay to fake the comp. It's just hot gas going back into your cool intake.

Whatever came of this. I am doing the same swap this weekend.. What diode did u use to FOOl the computer.. any help would be great...