Door Dings

VBdenny

I've had it with rude people who think nothing of whipping the door of their jacked-up SUV into the side of your car. I just found another door ding today. I parked way out and some idiot still got me. Really gets me.... well I won't get going.

Has anybody tried that DING KING thing I saw on TV? I suspect it's fake because they show this car with a bigass dent, then they glue this thing on and pull it out. Looks perfect of course, but I'm suspicious. Then they have these dent doctor guys who you can get to remove dings who I've heard are good, but expensive. Anybody used any of this? Gimme a REport please.

Sick of dings

Denny

what if i have a dent? my friend ordered that thing we sa on Tv and will try it on his maxima first, it it will work i will use it:) is there any other way to get rid of those dents?

From what I've heard they do actually work, it just takes a while to get it perfect. I'm not sold, I wouldn't use one myself. They're just terrifying lol.

Other than that there's really nothing you can do, aside from PDR or straight bodywork.

I do PDR for a living. I have 8 years experience and I have seen it all. Try to find a local PDR Tech. that uses a light to see his dents. Dent Wizard mostly uses a light board and works outside. Find a guy that works inside with a light. I feel the finished product is much better. Also ask to see some of there work before they touch your car. Just because they have dent tools, doesn't always make them a dent man!!!! Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

No, I have been out of town so much lately that I haven't gotten to it. It's in my garage while I'm working on the A/C. I'm getting reasy to take out the control unit and send it to mikado. Then I have to figure out why my compressor isn't engaging. The only code I'm getting is a 33. I'm working on it.

Yeah, I watching little E running at Darlington right now. Rusty got smacked good!

Hey Denny, have you gotten your car fixed yet ? Just wondering. 

Bryan

Charleston SC  :cheers:

Hey Bryan,

convince me to drive from Charlotte, NC to get you to fix the small dent in my front left fender. :D

VB, drive to Charleston. I'll fix your car if you can't find anybody you can trust. :D

Amazing...when I spotted the title to this post and read the first couple of messages I thought, there's not a chance in the world that my lil' ol' home town of Charleston, SC would have a quality PDR man in it! In fact, I've been a little discouraged with finding anyone in town (outside of the Lexus dealership) that knows much about the care and feeding of my newly purchased 1994 LS400.

Shelly's LS400...can you tell me how to find/contact you in Charleston? (Also looking for a good detailing service in town as well.) Tried your email link through the board here, but couldn't get it to work (probably cause I'm new here and haven't figured how to navigate things :blink: )

Thanks,

Taz

Mister_Tazmo@hotmail.com

Well Taz, I'm glad you found me too! I have detail guys, paint touch-up guys , interior and aluminum wheel repair people. I have been in the car business since 1989 and doing PDR since 1997. I have chased hail storms for 2 years, so I think my work will speak for itself. You can call me Tuesday @ 670-3461. Hope to here from you.

Bryan