Front Tire Wear On Ls400

bbesser

Hi,

I have a '90 LS400 with 84K miles and just replaced all 4 tires. The right front has been slowing wearing on the outside edge. Since the tires were getting pretty old, I just let it wear instead of aligning.

Well, after just 1 week on my new tires, I can already see slight wear on the right front, even though I had a 4 wheel alignment done by the Goodyear shop where I bought the tires. It also has a slight pull to the right.

Has anyone seen this kind of wear after an alignment? Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similiarproblem, but driver side front, inner tire side.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ST&f=10&t=2444&

My rim was bent, I think my wife ran over a pothole pretty hard (or was it me :unsure: )

That might be it. If they do another balance on the tire see if you can watch them do it and see if the tires out of round. How badly was the uneveness of the wear?

Not saying that this is your issue, but it is a possibility since you already aligned your wheels. Let us know what you find.

• 11 months later...

This was just about one year ago. After a week or so, I took the car back for another alignment and that took care of it. I saw some postings back then about the difficulty of finding a good alignment shop and getting it done right the first time - the second time did it. A year later and 12000 more miles, the tires still look good.