Yet Another Hid Question...

So basically, I want the same look, feel, and color of light as a factory Xenon's for like the LS430, Acura TL, TSX, etc... I want to stay away from purple 8000K. I want it white/white like the factory xenon hid's. What temp should i purchase?

the 4300K or the 6000K?

Will the 4300K look a little yellow? Or is 4300K pure white? Or should I look at something about 5000K? Will the 6000K look more blue than white? I really can't tell with the the photos too well. If these units are like 20-40 dollars, if i pick the wrong color, i woudl jsut get another one, but being 400. I would liek to purchase the exact one i want.

Need some advice....

Factory HID are 4000 - 4300 K. Over time, they will degrade somewhat to around 4900 - 5000. 4300K is pretty white with a little blue seen at an angle and also gives the most lumens of any color temp. I don't think you'll see any yellow with 4300K. 6000K is pretty blue, and produces fewer lumens, less visible light.

Factory HID are 4000 - 4300 K. Over time, they will degrade somewhat to around 4900 - 5000. 4300K is pretty white with a little blue seen at an angle and also gives the most lumens of any color temp. I don't think you'll see any yellow with 4300K. 6000K is pretty blue, and produces fewer lumens, less visible light.

thanks... bartkat, you check this forum every hour huh? Exactly the answer i needed. Do you think xenondepot.com is fairly the best palce to get HID's?

thanks... bartkat, you check this forum every hour huh? Exactly the answer i needed. Do you think xenondepot.com is fairly the best palce to get HID's?

I just happened to pop in just now.

Guys that have done aftermarket HID on the 2nd gen IS seem to be happy with the Xenodepot kits. The main thing is finding a place to put the igniters, but it's not all that hard, I hear. I haven't done mine yet.

There are some posts about HID install here.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=27248...ght=HID+install

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192254

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=272488

I think it's better to buy from someone like Xenondeopt rather than Ebay because they are prety good to help if you have problems or need to return or exchange something.

Guys i had a question i want to change the bulbs of my OEM kit but i found that the bulb is a d4s and i think no one makes those, every other shop only has the d2s are these compatible in any way? What's the difference.

Guys i had a question i want to change the bulbs of my OEM kit but i found that the bulb is a d4s and i think no one makes those, every other shop only has the d2s are these compatible in any way? What's the difference.

No they are not compatable. D2 is the old style xenon as was on the IS300. D4S is the bi-xenon for 2nd generation IS. Bi-xenon has a mechanical device that allows it to go from "low beam" to "high beam".

Then the new bi-xenon lights that the '06 350Z are compatible with the lexus bulbs? Just wondering becuase in the Sylvania bulb guide says that the 06 IS uses D4s and the '06 350Z uses D2s the only thing is that no one makes the D4S's. I don't think that the IS's manual says anything about the HID bulbs, or maybe the D4s is a typo and they really use D2s. I'm confused

What are D3S and D4S type HID bulbs?

D3x and D4x are mercury free versions of the D1x and D2x light sources. They do not work with older D1x/D2x type ballasts because steady on voltage is only 36 V. Compare that to a D1x/D2x style, and u will see that voltage is 85 V. In detail, 42 +/- 9 V can be measured at a D3x/D4x bulb. They have same output, same life as D1x/D2x bulbs

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-hid-bulbs.htm

The link above just takes me to the sylvania page but i dont' seen anything there. Anyways in other words we have to wait till they come out with the replacement D4s bulbs in order to change the color/temp of the bulbs

The link above just takes me to the sylvania page but i dont' seen anything there. Anyways in other words we have to wait till they come out with the replacement D4s bulbs in order to change the color/temp of the bulbs

You seemed to doubt that the bulbs were D4. The link confirms that they are. There are some claimed D4 bulbs on Ebay if you want to take the time to search.