New Or Old Body Style?

DCV

With all the negative posts about the old style RX300 ('99-'03) transmission and electrical problems some of which carry over to the RX330 '04, what do people think about buying an '03 versus an '04? Other than the size and cost, what are the pluses and minuses in buying the old versus the new?

lol how about just the fact that you get the newer style for another 3 years.

I owned a first gen RX300 and i had no electrical problems nor transmission problems and ive own a first gen rx330 and i have no electrical problems.

the new one looks better, is more powerful, has more technology, chances of breaking down are lower, treat yourself to something better!

LOL! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Like most second gens of successful originals, it has a "change for the sake of change" look about it.

The window treatment is reminiscent of the FX Infinity and the rear has an unfinished feel. The front is gorgeous though, they just should have carried on through with the rest of the car. It is what it is, an interim design before the completely new body in '09.

I'll hang on to my '01, skip the second gen and see what gen 3 has to offer. :D

nf7.jpg

nf2.jpg

nf5.jpg

Unless Edmunds got it totally wrong, it appears to me that the 09 RX will have a very good similarities to the current RX body style. If your car still fits your lifestyle and running fine, keeping it is very smart. Lots of people dump their 330's for 350's, same people will be dumping the 350's for the 09 body style. They'll find enough reason to change.

To be totally honest, i like the Rx300 better than the 330 or 350 :unsure:

I've had an 07 rx350 for a few weeks now, and had an 04 rx330 last year....i STILL like the rx300's design better. Just my opinion i guess...

You can't beat the mirror tint glass on the rx300 with the indigo ink pearl. I LOVE it :whistles:

Big things i like about the rx350 the 300 doesn't have is the POWER, wide headlight viewing area, larger clearer navi screen, more comfortable seats & the POWER !!!! :)

With all the negative posts about the old style RX300 ('99-'03) transmission and electrical problems some of which carry over to the RX330 '04, what do people think about buying an '03 versus an '04? Other than the size and cost, what are the pluses and minuses in buying the old versus the new?

The trans issues were pretty much solved by 03. Thats an 99-00 issue. The 04 had a few issues as well , I remember a problem with the leather seats as well a couple of other minor things. Although its a 2nd gen model its still a first year production of that model, meaning that some newer things we'rent all ironed out.

You cant beat a power boost although I'm not sure how much more you got. I'm a bit partial to the original and I've put off purchasing a new one because although I kinda like the newer style , I don't $50k like it. If Lexus doesnt come up with a really nice 3rd gen RX I'm probably going to buy an A7 or maybe just switch to an ISorGS.

I could have bought an 03 and just about did until I saw a 04. I like the 03 but I like the look of the 2nd gen much better. Also the layout of the inside better too. Also had a 350 as a loaner...have to say I was impressed with the increased HP...too! :lol: :D

The way I would look at it is...whatever type of car/suv you buy it will not be long before something newer and better is out. Get what you want (As long as it is a Lexus J/K)...you are going to be the one driving it! :cheers: