Take Delivery Of My Ls460 Today!

:cheers: Dealer called me last night and only has to put the Passport front and back radar detector in and I can pick up today, after lunch!

This and the prospect of getting my Leica M8 this Friday will make it a week I will not forget! :P

:cheers: Dealer called me last night and only has to put the Passport front and back radar detector in and I can pick up today, after lunch!

This and the prospect of getting my Leica M8 this Friday will make it a week I will not forget! :P

I am so jealous! I still have 3 weeks.

How much are you paying for the passport? Does it have a laser deflector or just laser detector? I am trading my benz and am thus saying goodbye to my built in K40. It has the laser deflector which I love. In the meantime I will have to use my portable Valentine.

I am so jealous! I still have 3 weeks.

How much are you paying for the passport? Does it have a laser deflector or just laser detector? I am trading my benz and am thus saying goodbye to my built in K40. It has the laser deflector which I love. In the meantime I will have to use my portable Valentine.

HOLY MACKEREL!!!!! :o

Last time I felt that kind of motor, I was on a motorcycle! For those who are wondering 380hp is MORE than enough.

They could not install the front and back Passport until they get the OK from Lexus USA. The dealer called and Lexus said to hold up as they feared it might interfere with some "other systems" on the 460. They should have an answer next week. In the mean time I will use my visor mounted Passport.

This 460 is really nice super quiet, handles well and the transmission is really nice. Thanks Lexus for allowing a luxury care sound so good when you want it to. Just enough engine exhaust noise to let you know your foot is deep into the petal.

Will get some images soon, so much to get aquainted with compared to my 2004 LX470 but will enjoy envery minute! :)

Congrats and enojy your new car!!! B) What colors did you get?

:cheers:

Not too sure what Lexus calls it but its is a very dark grey metalflake. Has the cream interior.

A friend wanted me to pop the hood to see the engine, thats a joke! Lexus does not want you doing too much under there as the engine in covered!

Congratulations on taking delivery on your new LS. If you got the Smoky Granite Mica with Alabaster Leather, we will have the same combination. I have a LS 460L on order.

Can you tell if it's grey and does not look too black? I loved the color but was worried that it may be too dark for what I wanted.

Congratulations on taking delivery on your new LS. If you got the Smoky Granite Mica with Alabaster Leather, we will have the same combination. I have a LS 460L on order.

Can you tell if it's grey and does not look too black? I loved the color but was worried that it may be too dark for what I wanted.

Under poor lighting it looks very dark but still not black. In the sun and better lighting it looks like a silver metal flake with a tinted grey clear overcoat and lots of clear overcoat on that. The paint is far superior to my 2004 LX470, hands down then best I have seen!

I checked and it is Smokey Granite Mica with Alabaster interior. You are in for a treat!

The SGM isn't too dark at all IMHO, its out now on the IS, ES, & GS if you want to look at it.

Congrats!

I originally wanted the Silver or Mercury but this became available and I did not hesitate. It will show dirt but I am one to keep the unit clean and waxed and the darker colors really look good with care. As far as AC capacity with FLorida sun, NOT A PROBLEM!

Thanks Greg for the description of the Smokey Granite Mica. Sound great. I love the darker colors, but did not want black. On the interior, we first selected the light grey, but changed our minds and went with the Alabaster. Would love for you to post some pictures when you get a chance.

Did you get the ML audio? I'm trying to get information on what options are available for transfering music to the Hard Drive. I know that you can "rip" CD's to the HDD, but was wondering if you can connect a laptop (USB) to transfer music?

Chuck

Thanks Greg for the description of the Smokey Granite Mica. Sound great. I love the darker colors, but did not want black. On the interior, we first selected the light grey, but changed our minds and went with the Alabaster. Would love for you to post some pictures when you get a chance.

Did you get the ML audio? I'm trying to get information on what options are available for transfering music to the Hard Drive. I know that you can "rip" CD's to the HDD, but was wondering if you can connect a laptop (USB) to transfer music?

Chuck

I have not had alot of time for the details. I did see when plying a CD a "RECORD" button. I assume you can record on the FLY. Mine has the ML with Navigation. The screen and user interface is greatly improved over my 2004 LX.

I have not looked closely, but will this weekend, but there is a connector inside the console for hooking up the "AUX" equipment. I will study up on this and other things in more detail. This is my first SAT radio, you get 90 days trial for free and then pay after that, I really like it so far so they will be getting my $10 for sure. The Lexus link is also a trial version with different levels of service. I mainly want the "Safety" package which calls if air bags are deployed, offers theft recover via GPS, unlocks doors, etc. I have my own cell phone so I would not want to use theirs.

So much to find out.

wow, i am totally jealous of you

offtopic:

whats up w/ the kitties on top of the dash and ur avatar =)

The kitty on the dash is a Jacksonville, FL thing. It is surposed to be a Jaguar as our football team is The Jaguars. The cat in my avitar rules the house, one of three cats we choose to live with.

I like the 460 better everyday. The voice command system really works compared to the 2004 LX. Even having some fun with the 380hp still yeilds me 20-23mpg around town. We are going to Daytona to visit friends this weekend and will see what kind of milage it will get. What milage it gets is not a deal maker or breaker for most anyway.

I feel like I am going 50mph and I am doing near 80. Going to have to getused to this.

• 4 weeks later...