Video Of Ls Parking Guidance

First, let me say that it fails to park and that it might be because of these idiots driving the car so dont take offense

second something interesting to note halfway into the video

because the parking lot was at a slant, the car could not park backing into it because it only relies on the reverse gear. the guys tried to push the accelerator because the car wasnt moving anymore (because of the slant) and it cancelled the parking job.

so one flaw about it is that you cant push on the accelerator or use it on any uphill

http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia/vi...park/index.html

First, let me say that it fails to park and that it might be because of these idiots driving the car so dont take offense

second something interesting to note halfway into the video

because the parking lot was at a slant, the car could not park backing into it because it only relies on the reverse gear. the guys tried to push the accelerator because the car wasnt moving anymore (because of the slant) and it cancelled the parking job.

so one flaw about it is that you cant push on the accelerator or use it on any uphill

http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia/vi...park/index.html

I love these !Removed! guys! I can just see them at home trying to figure out how to turn on a light switch.

Well I have to say I was not to sure but mine did park itself with very little help from me. After reading the directions it worked the first time. I also watched the dealer demo this funtion on thier parking lot. :cheers:

The system is not very useful to me as I seldom park like this anyway. Not leaving my baby on the street! :o

LOL That was great! :lol: Obviously, they are over exaggerating the complexities of the system, but at the same time, I've never read an overly positive review of this parking systtem in any car magazine. IMO, they should have spent the R&D money that they spent on this parking system on knocking off something more useful like Mercedes's Distronic Plus.

The system is not very useful to me as I seldom park like this anyway.
I agree. Also, the fact that you can't use it on hills and it takes a fair amount of time to get everything setup makes it even less useful.

OMG this is hilarious. if it was a computer I would say the problem is "short between keyboard and desk."

But I tell you what, I had 3 people today say to me "I really want that new Lexus that parks itself". Its marketing genious, and the ads are great.

I love the ad with all the people saying "in my day we had to...." and then at the end "I used to have to parallel park myself." :)

As soon as I heard that the car would have autopark I knew they would hammer on that. It's really something that grabs your attention--like Steve said its the first thing people notice about the car.

Now if it would only DRIVE itself home at the end of a long day. THAT would be truly amazing. And make me a lattecino as I step into the car.

:cheers: