Brakes

Welcome to Lexus! The IS250AWD is just as bad. I have two neighbors that have the 2006 IS350 and we have tried everything. The other neighbor has a BMW 330Xi and has the same problem. I just wash the wheels everyday just like brushing your teeth.

I call it ... Lexus hygiene! It's all good and I am so tired of this problem. It's just as bad as the NAV Lock on the version 6.1 Denso for all new 2007 Lexus Family. You are locked out and can not use the Nav when driving like you can with an Acura.

You will find people in this users group who seem to feel that these types of problems are just OK, It's Lexus! Good Luck and welcome!

Welcome to Lexus! The IS250AWD is just as bad. I have two neighbors that have the 2006 IS350 and we have tried everything. The other neighbor has a BMW 330Xi and has the same problem. I just wash the wheels everyday just like brushing your teeth.

I call it ... Lexus hygiene! It's all good and I am so tired of this problem. It's just as bad as the NAV Lock on the version 6.1 Denso for all new 2007 Lexus Family. You are locked out and can not use the Nav when driving like you can with an Acura.

You will find people in this users group who seem to feel that these types of problems are just OK, It's Lexus! Good Luck and welcome!

LOL, well put. It is like brushing the teeth.

• 1 month later...

I've had my is250 for almost a year now and the brake dust on the front rims is a neverending PITA. But one I have gotten used to. I bought a decent lugnut brush and some "Mothers" wheel cleaner and I give my rims a good brushing before I go through the weekly laser wash.

Still, 2 days later and the dust is back.

1. Hawk pads. From my experience with other cars, they are more for the track, and squeal like a stuck pig.

2. Some people, after thoroughly cleaning their wheels off the car, give them a good coat of wax so they wash easier. I am not one of them.

I'd Like to know what the Honda Civic uses for Pads... I had that before the AWD250 and they were amazing.. never had Break Dust.

I am having the same issue as everyone else with the Lexus. Does anyone make a two spoke wheel ... at least it would be less to clean?haha

1. Hawk pads. From my experience with other cars, they are more for the track, and squeal like a stuck pig.

2. Some people, after thoroughly cleaning their wheels off the car, give them a good coat of wax so they wash easier. I am not one of them.

lol, "stuck pig." So the squealing I'm experiencing now, with the regular Lexus brake pads, isn't normal; or is it???? It's driving me nuts!

And, yes, my wheels get extremely dirty after a day or two.

lol, "stuck pig." So the squealing I'm experiencing now, with the regular Lexus brake pads, isn't normal; or is it???? It's driving me nuts!

Squealing brakes can be any number of things but 2 things come immediately to mind:

1) you are getting close to needing a replacement set .. BTW how many miles do you have?

2) Pads and rotors have glaze or rotors have heat, hot spots (caused by riding brakes down hills) or aggressive driving (heavy on the brakes & accelerator) or just routine LA stop & go traffic!

Is it a saftey hazzard? NO

is it an annoyance? YES

If you are LESS THAN 1 yr old & have LESS THAN 20K, Lexus MIGHT warranty it (usually the pads need to be above 50% remaining and not just worn out by/from normal wear & tear)

It all depends on the relationship you have with the local dealer

(At leat with us, it needs to be under 1yr AND under 12K AND no more than 50% wear otherwise, the client is buying them themselves (ie: NO warranty for you!)

GOOD LUCK

Squealing brakes can be any number of things but 2 things come immediately to mind:

1) you are getting close to needing a replacement set .. BTW how many miles do you have?

2) Pads and rotors have glaze or rotors have heat, hot spots (caused by riding brakes down hills) or aggressive driving (heavy on the brakes & accelerator) or just routine LA stop & go traffic!

Is it a saftey hazzard? NO

is it an annoyance? YES

If you are LESS THAN 1 yr old & have LESS THAN 20K, Lexus MIGHT warranty it (usually the pads need to be above 50% remaining and not just worn out by/from normal wear & tear)

It all depends on the relationship you have with the local dealer

(At leat with us, it needs to be under 1yr AND under 12K AND no more than 50% wear otherwise, the client is buying them themselves (ie: NO warranty for you!)

GOOD LUCK

I have 30k on my car, and it's a little over a year old. I just took it in last week for the 30k service, so I ASSUME that Lexus checked the brakes out for me, especially since I told the tech guy. But sometimes those tech guys don't listen.

I came from a MINI Cooper S to my IS 250AWD and in that community we had the same problem with the dust and noise. Most of the noise was associated with the build up of brake dust. A simple hose off every week did the trick.

And yes waxing your wheels helps keep them cleaner just like your car's paint.

One word: ceramics. Just get some ceramic brake pads if you're sick of the dust. Hawks...well they screech. There are other brands out there (Akebono, TRD, EBC, you name it), you just need to shop around. That or get used to hosing off the front wheels.

BTW have you guys seen the 18's they offer as a TRD option for the new Camry? Pretty dope.