2001 Rx 300 No Defroster And No Floor Vent

lexrx3

37,000 miles on a RX 300. The main vents blow air hot and cold even AC is fine but no air hot or cold will blow out of defroster or out the floor vents under the dash. The fan blows nice and strong out of the main vents though. Has anyone experieinced this?

37,000 miles on a RX 300. The main vents blow air hot and cold even AC is fine but no air hot or cold will blow out of defroster or out the floor vents under the dash. The fan blows nice and strong out of the main vents though. Has anyone experieinced this?

Ok, here is the answer to my question which nobody could answer. For some unknown reason the computor system put the defroster / floor vent into "fail safe" mode and the local Toyota dealership "re-initialized' the system. Same as rebooting your computor. Now everything works fine at the cost of $100.00. Could have been alot worse I guess. :cheers:

Ok, here is the answer to my question which nobody could answer. For some unknown reason the computor system put the defroster / floor vent into "fail safe" mode and the local Toyota dealership "re-initialized' the system. Same as rebooting your computor. Now everything works fine at the cost of $100.00. Could have been alot worse I guess. :cheers:

Wow. sounds like the dealer got $100 for disconnecting the battery cable for a few minutes. Not bad.

Wow. sounds like the dealer got $100 for disconnecting the battery cable for a few minutes. Not bad.

Yes, I'll need to get my hands on a service manual so I can learn how to disconnect the battery if it ever happens again. :chairshot:

did anyone ever think they might of had to spend some time to find the problem?

did anyone ever think they might of had to spend some time to find the problem?

You're right and the general diagnostic fee was $100 which they told me in advance. I new they were to run a "check" on the computor system to initially look for the problem so I'm not upset at the $100 buck charge.

I am happy that it was a simple fix/charge and maybe someone else reading this may benefit from it. What we don't know is did they really just disconnect the battery and reconnect or is there really a "reboot" process that must be followed. Either way, it poured here in NJ all day yesterday and I was :D the entire time I was driving.