Adding Nav To Is250/350

Has anyone added NAV after delivery? Ther must be some donor cars available to pull the parts out of? Anyone able to help me with this?:chairshot: :chairshot:

IS350 Sport without NAV

Believe it or not, it would be easier and most likely, cheaper, to just trade yours in for a model with Nav.

It's not just the head unit, there's the receiver, antenna, wiring harnesses, voice recognition, bluetooth mics... the list is longer than you think.

Aftermarket units, sure.

Lexus OEM, no way. :(

Damn....

I was hoping of doing this at a later date also, I have a 07' IS250, while I love it my parents would not get me the navigation because im only 17 and they already figured they spoiled me 10x to much as it is... I was thinking of getting one in installed when I could pay for it later but it seems like that would be a bad idea?

Damn....

I was hoping of doing this at a later date also, I have a 07' IS250, while I love it my parents would not get me the navigation because im only 17 and they already figured they spoiled me 10x to much as it is... I was thinking of getting one in installed when I could pay for it later but it seems like that would be a bad idea?

Heck i went and asked how much to get rear window shade, Seat memory, and rain sensing windows added and she told me it would be 20k+ to get it added, said was smarter to just get a diff car. hehe I was only curious, is why i asked but sheesh.

Damn....

It cant be that hard, just time. Im sure the harness already has the necessary connectors. Anyone have a way to contact Lexus on this to see it can be kitted out?

It cant be that hard, just time.

Anyone have a way to contact Lexus on this to see it can be kitted out?

Feel free to ask Lexus, but I'd bet good money on the answer.

The entire center stack will need to be replaced, and all the necessary components would also need to be installed.

Installed from the dealer, it's under warranty, but I'm sure the dealer wants nothing to do with this project.

Installed in your driveway, it will not be.

Hang on the car a few years and trade in, if it's that important to you.

I wish I had a Lexus IS when I was 17.

I had an Olds Omega, 4 dr, Gray Primer....

Enjoy your Lexus, with or without nav. :glare:

I was told the same things when I bought a W203 C Class Benz, found a guy in Europe who sold the entire kit and installed it myself ($1200.00), It was basicly plug and play, I only needed MB to initialize the system, my dealer did it for free, there must be a salvaged NAV car you buy the HU and antenna out of, I don't care about the rear camera or Bluetooth. Anyone give me a line on a salvaged IS250/350 Nav?

I was told the same things when I bought a W203 C Class Benz, found a guy in Europe who sold the entire kit and installed it myself ($1200.00), It was basicly plug and play, I only needed MB to initialize the system, my dealer did it for free, there must be a salvaged NAV car you buy the HU and antenna out of, I don't care about the rear camera or Bluetooth. Anyone give me a line on a salvaged IS250/350 Nav?

In time I wil have one for you, If you are in a hurry, Trade it in for an IS that has nav. Aftermarket will be a nightmare.