07 Lexus Is 250 Dent

Ok so this is the first time I'm writing in this forum, cuz I desperately need some help, and I hope someone can give me some good guidance. I recently bought my new IS 250 '07 model about 2 weeks ago, my very first lexus, and I love him..lol. I know I can be too anal about him, like parking 500 ft from the nearest car and not taking it to certain places, etc., but I'm trying to loosen up. So yesterday I decided to be a rebel and went to the grocery store, and of course with my luck, a shopping cart, picked up by the wind (really strong winds, if anyone lives in jersey im sure you know), hit the front of the car by the drivers side. Luckily the paint didnt chip off, but unfortunately there is about a 4 inch shallow dent.

I am soo upset cuz its my new car, and I dont know what to do. I feel that it is extremely noticeable, its not even a small scratch its a DENT! I knew a scratch would happen eventually, but not this bad. What should I do? HELP! :cries:

Take it to a body shop and get an estimate. It's possible the dent can be pushed out without major work. There are also "paintless dent repair" peope who might be able to do that. Just getting started on the process of getting it fixed shold make you feel a little better.

Take it to a body shop and get an estimate. It's possible the dent can be pushed out without major work. There are also "paintless dent repair" peope who might be able to do that. Just getting started on the process of getting it fixed shold make you feel a little better.

Do you think I should talk to the dealer i bought the car from first, or would that not help?

Do you think I should talk to the dealer i bought the car from first, or would that not help?

Most dealers don't have a body shop but they might recommend one that would do quality work.

I fixed a dent on my 350 without taking it to a body shop.

I went to the dealer and they told me to paint the whole door and the back door too. ($2500.00)

But as usuall they are trying to charge us as much as they can so...

I took it to my friends BMW dealership and he called the guy that fix the dents for them and....

I ended up spending $100.00 and you cannot see a thing!!!

I know where it is and I still cannot see a thing.

BEWARE OF DEALERSHIPS!!!

I spoke to someone from the dealership yesterday and they gave me a rough estimate without seeing the car. They said they have a "dent wizard" which would be around $120 and then they would have to take it in for body work which would be another $500. But they can't be certain until they see the car. I asked if they have any affiliated auto shops or if they can refer me to one, cuz this dealership is pretty far, and I have to leave my car there, but they said they don't. I'm def gonna go around for estimates this week and check out some places for paintless dent repair.

I fixed a dent on my 350 without taking it to a body shop.

I went to the dealer and they told me to paint the whole door and the back door too. ($2500.00)

But as usuall they are trying to charge us as much as they can so...

I took it to my friends BMW dealership and he called the guy that fix the dents for them and....

I ended up spending $100.00 and you cannot see a thing!!!

I know where it is and I still cannot see a thing.

BEWARE OF DEALERSHIPS!!!

Not something to "beware of dealerships" about, PDR is not 100% mainstream yet and the specific shop you went to simply may not be well versed in it.

STORM, I'm confused as to why they want to PDR and then do body work. The whole point of PDR is that there doesn't need to be any paint work.

If they're using Dent Wizard just go to www.dentwizard.com and find a location closer to you.