Brake Calliper Modulation Problem

im experiencing a clanking noise when i engage the brakes. its loudest when braking after going from reverse to drive, but continues episodically while braking in forward drive. this started with 10k miles on the car.i took my gs 430 to the dealer who witnessed the noise. they kept the car for 6 days trying to repair the problem. they stated that they tried new wheel bearings but that didnt help so they torqued the suspension and thought that solved the problem. the noise returned 24 hrs later! i went back to the dealer a second time and had a test drive with a mechanic who heard the noise and stated it was normal! he called it brake modulation, the callipers readjusting.. why now @10k miles? why ever? i know its not normal for any car let alone a lexus to have a brake noise. how do i resolve this problem?

im experiencing a clanking noise when i engage the brakes. its loudest when braking after going from reverse to drive, but continues episodically while braking in forward drive. this started with 10k miles on the car.i took my gs 430 to the dealer who witnessed the noise. they kept the car for 6 days trying to repair the problem. they stated that they tried new wheel bearings but that didnt help so they torqued the suspension and thought that solved the problem. the noise returned 24 hrs later! i went back to the dealer a second time and had a test drive with a mechanic who heard the noise and stated it was normal! he called it brake modulation, the callipers readjusting.. why now @10k miles? why ever? i know its not normal for any car let alone a lexus to have a brake noise. how do i resolve this problem?

i have the same noise i think. but i went to a non-lexus mechanic for diagnosis. he told me it's the pads shifting in the calipers and the retaining clip is making the noise as the car tries to rock between the shift from park/reverse. i try to live with the noise, but sometimes in enclosed spaces like underground carparks it's startlingly loud.

i have the same noise i think. but i went to a non-lexus mechanic for diagnosis. he told me it's the pads shifting in the calipers and the retaining clip is making the noise as the car tries to rock between the shift from park/reverse. i try to live with the noise, but sometimes in enclosed spaces like underground carparks it's startlingly loud.

I share your explanation for the cause, as per the lexus mechanic,, however to claim this is normal?

search is awesome...

change the caliper clips that the pads slide on. also make sure the rotors aren't grooved real bad causing the pads to "caught" on the rotor when changing directions.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try going back to the dealer.