Transfering Music To The Mark Levinson Hdd

I was wondering what options are available for transfering songs to the Mark Levinson 8 GB hard drive. I've read where you can rip songs from the CD's your playing and store them on the hard drive. What I would like to know is can you transfer songs using a USB connection from a laptop or a USB flash memory stick.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering what options are available for transfering songs to the Mark Levinson 8 GB hard drive. I've read where you can rip songs from the CD's your playing and store them on the hard drive. What I would like to know is can you transfer songs using a USB connection from a laptop or a USB flash memory stick.

i know that when you play a CD you have a 'record' option to save the songs; not sure how you set the album and track names however.

jainla, i notice you have an '81 benz. My dad has a 500SEC '84. It still runs pretty well and all electrics work. now thats a car right?

It's indestructible. It's outlasted 2 of my brother's cars, 4 of my father's cars, 3 of my mom's cars, 3 pets and 4 presidents.

The freon in the AC needs to be recharged (or changed to non-freon operation) but after 25 years and 190,000 miles it still starts on the first crank. The brakes still feel firm and responsive; and it runs almost exactly the same as it did when I bought it 12 years ago. In that time it has broken down exactly 3 times; 2 of which were the alternator biting the dust (I'm on my third one) and I replaced one starter at 175,000 miles. I've had it towed twice (once when my brother ran it dry and couldn't figure out the little air pump that you need to use to remove air from the fuel line). My mechanic just replaced the timing chains and about 3 years ago he changed the glow plugs. That's it.

The LS430 was one of the only cars I've driven that feels as well put together; I wonder if I'll end up owning that for 12 years too....:)

• 2 weeks later...

There is no option to transfer songs. Songs can only be ripped from CDs. There is no usb connection, and it will not rip mp3s/wma from a cd. The cd changer can play mp3s/wma, but will only rip audio CDs. As for the album,track name, genre, the CDDB database is actually on the hard drive already. Unfortunately no album art that I can see. Would be cool if it could display the album art. Since the database is on the hard drive and no way to access the internet to update, the only way to update the database is to bring it back to the dealer, but you do have the option to manually edit the information.

There is no option to transfer songs. Songs can only be ripped from CDs. There is no usb connection, and it will not rip mp3s/wma from a cd. The cd changer can play mp3s/wma, but will only rip audio CDs. As for the album,track name, genre, the CDDB database is actually on the hard drive already. Unfortunately no album art that I can see. Would be cool if it could display the album art. Since the database is on the hard drive and no way to access the internet to update, the only way to update the database is to bring it back to the dealer, but you do have the option to manually edit the information.

Are you sure. There is a input inide the console to run players like you Ipod thru the ML system. I would think you could rip off of that.

• 2 years later...

Are you sure. There is a input inide the console to run players like you Ipod thru the ML system. I would think you could rip off of that.

Is this still true that the only way to transfer songs is to burn CDS?? It's 2 years later and I am dying to put my songs on via ipod or something faster than burning songs from CDs. Thanks, Katherine

as far as i know, gor is right about ripping songs from audio CD to HDD. If you are looking for an option to transfer songs from iPod, I don't think it can't be done. You almost better off to install a VAIS Tech iPod integration kit. If you op for the top of the line, it will also enable the iPod video to play via the navigation screen. BTW, isn't the HDD a 40GB not 8 GB? or did I have too much to drink tonight?