Water In Trunk On '97 Es300

Lexus876

When I opened my trunk this morning to check the spare i found some water where the spare tire is and where the tools are not the jack compartment but the other one. Does anyone know how the water got there and what I can do to stop it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

When I opened my trunk this morning to check the spare i found some water where the spare tire is and where the tools are not the jack compartment but the other one. Does anyone know how the water got there and what I can do to stop it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I used to have a leak on the right side of the trunk area. I discovered that water was getting in around the outer plastic mounting hardware for the radio antenna. I put a new rubber O-ring around the antenna underneath the outer molding and tightened up the antenna mast. No more water in the trunk. Something else to check - there are moonroof drainage hoses that run from the roof area, down through the trunk area, and drain out through holes near the rear wheel wells. If the hoses are leaking or got pulled out of their exit holes in the wheel wells, they could leak water into the trunk. There is also a drainage hose attached to the radio antenna housing which drains out the bottom of the trunk below the antenna motor. Make sure it is not leaking water into the trunk. Also, check the condition of the thick rubber molding that runs around the lip of the trunk area which is there to prevent water from running into the trunk when it rains or after a wash.

I used to have a leak on the right side of the trunk area. I discovered that water was getting in around the outer plastic mounting hardware for the radio antenna. I put a new rubber O-ring around the antenna underneath the outer molding and tightened up the antenna mast. No more water in the trunk. Something else to check - there are moonroof drainage hoses that run from the roof area, down through the trunk area, and drain out through holes near the rear wheel wells. If the hoses are leaking or got pulled out of their exit holes in the wheel wells, they could leak water into the trunk. There is also a drainage hose attached to the radio antenna housing which drains out the bottom of the trunk below the antenna motor. Make sure it is not leaking water into the trunk. Also, check the condition of the thick rubber molding that runs around the lip of the trunk area which is there to prevent water from running into the trunk when it rains or after a wash.

97 have the antenna made into the back glass...my guess is the drain hose.

I had a 97 which had the same problem. I took it to Lexus for a regular maintenance and had them check the leak. They found that the rubber molding that runs around the lip of the trunk area had gotten out of alignment and corrected the problem. I had no more trunk floods afterwards!

I have a 92 ES and I have had that problem on the driver side. It seems that water came through from the gas tank fill compartment (I assume during carwashes, rain, etc.). Some silicone and it's never leaked since.

If it is a real bad problem.. pull the back seat out, sit inside and look into the trunk while someone sprays the back of the car everywhere possible. Wish you luck..

hmmm yea well all the seals work fine my dad checked them but we tightened the lights a little more and it stopped but after we sprayed water on it only about 2 droplets of water slid down in the area specified, we are gonna remove the bumper and see if there is anything wrong back there. But tightening the umm lights a little mroe helped alot. But there is another weird thing going on on the right side of the trunk between the spare tire space and the right compartment where the jack is. Moisture and a little water is there, but both of the compartments are dry. I think its coming from aroudn the lgiht but I'm gonna take it to Lexus to see if thats the cause. Hopefully it will work! :) For a first tiem car owner this is and was and still is making me nervous about purchasing used cars, but hopefully i can get it fixed soon. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP EVERYONE :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!