Fiberglass Noise

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this question. This seemed it might be the best place. So anyways, I have a fiberglass bodykit I've had on my SC400 for about a year now. Now I kind of got screwed on having it painted and installed, almost went to court over it, ended up dropping about 1500 off the price. Point being, there were a lot of short cuts taken, and I see more and more of them later on. One thing I've been trying to get rid of is the noise of my wide, sticky performance tires throwing rocks right into the painted kit. It's pretty much eaten away at the paint, so I've sprayed a black truck bed liner back there just so it looks better. But it is still extremely noisy, you hear every pebble in the road. I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions to get rid of this, or at least reduce it. I've thought of putting a peice of plastic back there like cars have from the factory, but no one will do it. I had a custom shop turn me away. I'd appriciate any suggestions, thanks.

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this question. This seemed it might be the best place. So anyways, I have a fiberglass bodykit I've had on my SC400 for about a year now. Now I kind of got screwed on having it painted and installed, almost went to court over it, ended up dropping about 1500 off the price. Point being, there were a lot of short cuts taken, and I see more and more of them later on. One thing I've been trying to get rid of is the noise of my wide, sticky performance tires throwing rocks right into the painted kit. It's pretty much eaten away at the paint, so I've sprayed a black truck bed liner back there just so it looks better. But it is still extremely noisy, you hear every pebble in the road. I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions to get rid of this, or at least reduce it. I've thought of putting a peice of plastic back there like cars have from the factory, but no one will do it. I had a custom shop turn me away. I'd appriciate any suggestions, thanks.

When my dad and I re-painted my first car (an ancient and stodgy Oldsmobile Cutlass), I sprayed the inside of the door panels (and any other normally unexposed areas I could find) with a special sound-deadening paint-like product. I know you can find the stuff at auto paint stores, but it wouldn't surpirse me if they also had it at regular auto-parts stores. Also, there used to be a spray-on clear coat with a "bumpy" surface for rock protection on lower panels, you might also ask about that. Of course this was before all the strict VOC regulations, so hopefully these types of products are still around.