Manual Transmission/stick Shift In Gs300 Or Gs400?

:( I've tried the forum search, but I get no response other than it returns no results. Did the GS300 or GS400

ever come with a manual transmission? A regular stick shift, with clutch, etc.? Sorry, but I thought they did, but with my luck probably not.

thanks

Tom

Tulsa

:( I've tried the forum search, but I get no response other than it returns no results. Did the GS300 or GS400

ever come with a manual transmission? A regular stick shift, with clutch, etc.? Sorry, but I thought they did, but with my luck probably not.

thanks

Tom

Tulsa

No, Neither one had a manual transmission.

as stated above, they never came with a manual trans from the factory, at least for the 2nd gen model.

however, from reading all the japanese car mags and trolling the japanese car sites, i've seen the 2jz twin turbo aristos overseas being converted to 6spd using supra components... ie. pedal box, ecu, trans, etc. ... it may be possible to convert a gs300 here to 6spd since it shares the same block with the twin turbo version... but i lack info :whistles:

as stated above, they never came with a manual trans from the factory, at least for the 2nd gen model.

however, from reading all the japanese car mags and trolling the japanese car sites, i've seen the 2jz twin turbo aristos overseas being converted to 6spd using supra components... ie. pedal box, ecu, trans, etc. ... it may be possible to convert a gs300 here to 6spd since it shares the same block with the twin turbo version... but i lack info :whistles:

The SC300 was also available with a manual, I think it was a 5-speed; I imagine the parts in those two models are compatible to at least some degree... if you find the right people. Otherwise, there's always the IS and competing models like the BMW 5 series. Actually, I think that's the only one. <_<

• 3 months later...