Gs 350 Or Is 350

Hi,

I need advices from owners. My actual lease is out in 2 months and I start shopping around.

My actual ride is a RX 330. I don't want to get the "new" RX 350 as it seems to be the same car with just a little bit more power. Futhermore I dont want a SUV anymore.

So my choices are reduced to :

-IS 350 fully loaded. Total MSRP $45,422

-GS 350 fully loaded. Total MSRP $51,277

These 2 cars have the same engine/power. I know they are 2 different animals, but I like to get your advice.

Thanks in advance

;)

Well, I was torn between the IS350 & the GS430, and eventually went with the GS because of the additional luxury and size. The IS has a very cramped back seat, and it feels a lot cheaper inside. Don't get me wrong, the IS is finished out in a really cool way, especially the instruments, and lots of little touches, but I feel the GS is classier. Also, the IS, although a great looking car, is increasingly common where I live. If you finish out your GS with nice tint, some cool wheels, I think it is great looking, and pretty flashy. Think the GS brings a little more distinction than the IS. Well, can't go wrong either way. Oh, as an aside, I also like the rumble of my V8...sounds great although it kills me at the pumps lol.

Well, I was torn between the IS350 & the GS430, and eventually went with the GS because of the additional luxury and size. The IS has a very cramped back seat, and it feels a lot cheaper inside. Don't get me wrong, the IS is finished out in a really cool way, especially the instruments, and lots of little touches, but I feel the GS is classier. Also, the IS, although a great looking car, is increasingly common where I live. If you finish out your GS with nice tint, some cool wheels, I think it is great looking, and pretty flashy. Think the GS brings a little more distinction than the IS. Well, can't go wrong either way. Oh, as an aside, I also like the rumble of my V8...sounds great although it kills me at the pumps lol.

Hi, Ska-man

From all the answers I got yours is the most realistic and the most intelligent.

You really brought some really good points which opened my eyes. I think I will go for the GS.

One more question, when you bought your 06' GS 430, the 350 wasn't out yet, so to day would you get the 430 again over the 350, knowing (except the V8) that both cars have (except the torque) similar performances.

thanks

;)

Glad I could help! Well, the advantage of the GS350 vs the GS430 that I own is that you have the Gen 5 Nav which is much cooler than the Gen 4 in my '06. I guess the '07 GS430 has gen 5 also, so that should be a moot point. GS430 has VDIM, which I don't believe is in the GS350 (you should research to be sure). Having said that, if I could have waited I would have gone for the fabled GS460, but I don't think that comes out until spring of 2007 (don't hold me to it b/c I haven't researched it). I'm a big fan of the V8's-sound is awesome. One other thing, depending on what you are doing about wheels if you get a GS, the 350 (and '06GS300) wheels are those multi-spoke wheels which absolutely can't compare to the 5 spoke GS430 wheels. I have seen a few GS300's that the owners upgraded to the GS430 5 spoke wheels, and it makes a giant difference in the appearance of the car. Anyway, good luck, and let me know if you think of any other questions. By the way, I drove an IS250 again yesterday, and all it did is make me glad I went with the GS. Granted, it wasn't a 350, but same platform.

Glad I could help! Well, the advantage of the GS350 vs the GS430 that I own is that you have the Gen 5 Nav which is much cooler than the Gen 4 in my '06. I guess the '07 GS430 has gen 5 also, so that should be a moot point. GS430 has VDIM, which I don't believe is in the GS350 (you should research to be sure). Having said that, if I could have waited I would have gone for the fabled GS460, but I don't think that comes out until spring of 2007 (don't hold me to it b/c I haven't researched it). I'm a big fan of the V8's-sound is awesome. One other thing, depending on what you are doing about wheels if you get a GS, the 350 (and '06GS300) wheels are those multi-spoke wheels which absolutely can't compare to the 5 spoke GS430 wheels. I have seen a few GS300's that the owners upgraded to the GS430 5 spoke wheels, and it makes a giant difference in the appearance of the car. Anyway, good luck, and let me know if you think of any other questions. By the way, I drove an IS250 again yesterday, and all it did is make me glad I went with the GS. Granted, it wasn't a 350, but same platform.

Hi, Ska-man

In fact I'm also a V8 big fan, but I didn't include the GS430 in my selection because as you said Lexus is going to replace it next spring with the GS460. Knowing that, would you still spend the extra money for the actual GS430 ? (MSRP for a fully loaded GS430 is 58,252 vs. 51,277 for a GS350, with almost the same performances)

The GS350 has VSC not VDIM. Does this make a major difference ?

Regarding the wheels I agree 100%, standard wheels are not great, I will upgrade and get the 18" with the new G-Spider rims, they are awsome.

;)

lex330, my choice would be GS350 now over the 430 just because of the extra money and the fuel economy. If I could wait I would go for the 460, but I couldn't wait for it myself. The VDIM is a really great feature: supposedly very sophisticated, but I don't know that I could say it would be worth getting the 430 basically just for that.

What colors are you thinking about?

lex330, my choice would be GS350 now over the 430 just because of the extra money and the fuel economy. If I could wait I would go for the 460, but I couldn't wait for it myself. The VDIM is a really great feature: supposedly very sophisticated, but I don't know that I could say it would be worth getting the 430 basically just for that.

What colors are you thinking about?

Hi,

What is yours ?

I am thinking about either black obsidian/cashmere (must be washed at least twice a week !) or white starfire pearl/cashmere (easier to keep clean !)

:)

I have a 2006 GS 300 and it is truly a car to be proud of. Color is very important. I have silver and I think it is just OK. I seen one in the dark gray with chrome wheels and I thought it looked much better then my car. Obviously the more expensive the car, the more prestige (IS vrs GS), but for me the V6 has plenty of power and I average 24-25 MPG :)

You know, I love the silver in the GS, especially the way the rear quarter panels look in silver...something about the shadows of the body lines. I have glacier frost with chrome wheels and am very satisfied. The dark colors are great...I was just worried about the keeping clean part, and swirl marks.