Cellphone Gurus

denslexusgx470

My phone's been acting up lately, but to make a long story short, needs replacement. I have Cingular, and want to get a GSM unlocked phone. Now my dad is planning on going to the Philippines (ASIA) in the end of Nov. I want him to look for a phone for me there. Now I've been searching the net, but I'm running into this problem. Does anyone know what the bandwidth used here? My phone is currently a quad (850/900 1800/1900) but I'm curious as to which tri-band phones in asia will work. I've seen 900/1800/1900 and a 850/1800/1900 and (obviously) a quad 850/900/1800/1900. Most of the phones I've seen are 900/1800/1900. My question is if that will work locally here in America. Thanks.

i, like many others, bought my phone from an asian store in some chinatown. this phone was a NOKIA, but it was not signed with any cingular or verizon sticker. it was an overseas phone as well. i even had to use an adapter to charge the darn thing because it was a chinese outlet. I believe you can buy any phone and just replace the SIM card in the back of it (from your service provider) and it should work

not sure what kind of bandwidth it had, but it was a NOKIA 6100 if you have time to research that on the net.

p.s. we know the phillipines are in ASIA lol ;)

I had this problem two years ago when I was looking for a new cellphone at that time. I'm guessing no one ever knows unless I buy a phone from Asia and try to use it here, and turns out it doesn't work. Not all cellphones that have a SIM card slot work. I have an old Nokia phone that i used in the Philippines, like 2 years ago, and tried using it here but the phone couldn't recognize the SIM card or the network. <_<