Tire Inflation Sensors.off

I am installing 4 snow tires on my IS 350. My summer tires have the tire inflation sensors attached, however, I chose not to put them on the snow tires as they add about $400.00 to the overall snow tire package. Does anyone know if you can disable the tire inflation system so the red warning light won't stay on all winter. The dealer says it can't be done, however, they also said I couldn't turn off the annoying seat belt alarm and thanks to this forum I was able to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

So far I haven't found anyone who has been able to just turn this off. Some people have gone to the extent of installing the sensors in a pressure tank or a wheelbarrow tire, etc and then put that in the trunk. This method makes the sensors "think" they are in properly inflated tires and keeps the alarm from going off.

Still watching and waiting for some other work around.

So far I haven't found anyone who has been able to just turn this off. Some people have gone to the extent of installing the sensors in a pressure tank or a wheelbarrow tire, etc and then put that in the trunk. This method makes the sensors "think" they are in properly inflated tires and keeps the alarm from going off.

I was able to go into the computer part and turn it off that way, so you don't get the warning symbol all the time. It's that button on the left of the steering wheel, on the dash, with the arrows to go either way. You get into it that way. Sorry, can't be more specific since I'm not sitting at my car. But it can be done.........

I was able to go into the computer part and turn it off that way, so you don't get the warning symbol all the time. It's that button on the left of the steering wheel, on the dash, with the arrows to go either way. You get into it that way. Sorry, can't be more specific since I'm not sitting at my car. But it can be done.........

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try it and let you know if I'm successful.

Thanks again