Transmission Dead?

Miguel

My Transmission, I think is dead I have check the Fluid level and it looks ok the color looks Normal ( I think ) I will like to know what options you guys think I have, I don't want to rebuild the Trans, mainly because of the prices been so crazy I don't have the type of money right now what could I try as of right now the trans only works on reverse, but other than that nothing. :cries:

Thanks for your help guys.

God I wouldn't The E52/53 swap costs more than running a fully built race automatic transmission LoL! Besides. For less than the cost f the swap you can just buy a 92-93 factory M/T online. They're only worth 3500-4500 to begin with.

Miguel change/flush the fluid & adjust the kick-down cable if needed. If it will move in reverse without slipping, but slips in drive. Add another quart of fluid to however much is already in there. You may be reading incorrectly. Sometimes they're just a !Removed! to read & you wind up a quart, or two low.

(If you pull the dipstick out & it's foamy. Then you have too much fluid.)

God I wouldn't The E52/53 swap costs more than running a fully built race automatic transmission LoL! Besides. For less than the cost f the swap you can just buy a 92-93 factory M/T online. They're only worth 3500-4500 to begin with.

Miguel change/flush the fluid & adjust the kick-down cable if needed. If it will move in reverse without slipping, but slips in drive. Add another quart of fluid to however much is already in there. You may be reading incorrectly. Sometimes they're just a !Removed! to read & you wind up a quart, or two low.

I will try the Flush, today, 5speed sound very expensive don't get me wrong I love my car but right now i'm in pretty bad shape money wise so man i'm looking for the cheapest way to get my car back. Thanks

I try it and it didn't work, any other suggestions? Any help will be appreciated. :cries:

I try it and it didn't work, any other suggestions? Any help will be appreciated.:cries:

I had EXACTLY the same thing happen on my 92 ES (which is how I came to own it) Turns out, it was the radiator and not the trans that was bad. Fortunately, I was able to return the trans I bought and replace the radiator for about $134.00.

rosie

There is an explanation for that but I can't remember it well enough.

I try it and it didn't work, any other suggestions? Any help will be appreciated.:cries:

I had EXACTLY the same thing happen on my 92 ES (which is how I came to own it) Turns out, it was the radiator and not the trans that was bad. Fortunately, I was able to return the trans I bought and replace the radiator for about $134.00.

rosie

There is an explanation for that but I can't remember it well enough.

That would be great, any more infor in the matter will be greatly appreciated, what exacly you have done on the radiator?

^^ Radiator also cools the transmission fluid. If her radiator was bad, the fluid would overheat. Don't think I've ever heard of the ATF passage clogging, but that would also cause it.

Let the car idle until warm. Hold the brake & shift the transmission into each gear position for a few seconds. Does it move in reverse without slipping?

^^ Radiator also cools the transmission fluid. If her radiator was bad, the fluid would overheat. Don't think I've ever heard of the ATF passage clogging, but that would also cause it.

Let the car idle until warm. Hold the brake & shift the transmission into each gear position for a few seconds. Does it move in reverse without slipping?

Yes Reverse Works just fine, the problem is the rest of the gears D, 2, L nothing happens when I put the it in those gears.

Yes Reverse Works just fine, the problem is the rest of the gears D, 2, L nothing happens when I put the it in those gears.

Selenoids stuck ?

Selenoids stuck ?

I'm sorry but I don't know nothing about mechanic honestly, what is that Selenoids Stuck?

That would be great, any more infor in the matter will be greatly appreciated, what exacly you have done on the radiator?

It was simply replaced. New fluid, of course. (before the rad replacement, it worked just fine until it was warmed up. Then, only reverse worked properly)

rosie

It was simply replaced. New fluid, of course. (before the rad replacement, it worked just fine until it was warmed up. Then, only reverse worked properly)

rosie

I will try that asap. Thanks