Placed The Order! How Long Now?

About a year ago I wrote a post about simply sitting in an LS430 and enjoying the experience. I recently have been itching for a new car and was invited to a launch in Pittsburgh for the 460. I was really impressed! Thus I decided to pull the trigger and today I placed the order for an LS with the $5,300 package.

The dealer was unsure of the delivery timeframe. Does anyone have any idea? Also, do you think that mine is made already and sitting on a ship? Finally, how do dealer allocations work?

Thanks!

I'm in the same position you are. I placed a custom order for a 460L last Friday. I was told that it could be up to 4 months for the custom order to arrive. However, they Preferenced the car within their allotment. Also they will be checking other dealers in the Southeast to see if they can negotiate a trade if the exact car shows up on inventory. So bottom line, like you, no one knows for sure.

I see you are from the Pittsburgh area. They had the best Lexus dealer I have ever seen when I lived in that area back in the early 90's.

I told my dealer what I wanted, which was a fully loaded LS460 (not the L) and he told me he had 12-15 coming in this next month. He asked me what color and I told him the Mercury Metalic with grey or black trim. Said it will be in by the 2nd week of November. No deposit required as he know he will be getting my 2004 LX for a trade.

I sat in one this week and after 3 LX470s, I am ready for a change!

luxury1: That's great news. I'm sure you will be marking the days off of the calendar. When you ordered your vehicle, were you able to select exactly what you wanted, or did the dealer have you pick from a list of what he had coming?

luxury1: That's great news. I'm sure you will be marking the days off of the calendar. When you ordered your vehicle, were you able to select exactly what you wanted, or did the dealer have you pick from a list of what he had coming?

My dealer only had two versions coming in and one was long. All of their standard length vehicles were the $67k version which has everything I wanted. Can't wait!

We have 35 people waiting and had 7 cars due in this month(October) from what I understand.They should be coming in a lot faster though in November but I would think we are at least a couple months out.

The Jax Dealer has 12-15 units on the way in early November, all are sold. I was told that late November and early December would see many more 460s in the showrooms. Hoping to get mine in a week or two at the most. :cries:

• 2 weeks later...

I placed my order around Nov 1, but it will not actually go to the factory until Nov 15. So I may be looking at about 4.5 months. :(

LS460 with the 9K+ package and Pre Collision/Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Odd that this is not one of the standard builds for the LS460. After having the laser cruise control on my 430 there is no way I could give up dynamic cruise.

Seems like Lexus is pushing the L version.

Edited by Scott Corbett