Fi Alternative

I was browsing the internet a couple of weeks ago and came across Lextreme.com. They offer 3 different types of engines specifically for the GS models 98-05 w/warranty! These engines are INSANE!!! Ranging from 500 HP and up; all NA! Now, just out of curiosity why is it that fellow Clublexus and LOC members choose to either supercharge or turbocharge their vehicles (that already have high mileage on them, in some instances) instead of buying one of these specifically made engines for our vehicles? These engines start at about $5,500; with install you'll probably wind up paying $7,000 but for a moster of a performance engine! I understand that superchargers and turbochargers are around this price range as well only they require tuning (in most instances) and you are adding them onto your existing motor.... so I ask... why go FI over this alternative??? All input will be very exciting to hear! ;)

Nick

Check this out... I have 82K on my car now, I'll wait another year and drop one of these babies in. Probably the least extreme engine, but it will be a "new" engine and high performance at that. I just won't suggest going anythin bigger like the Stage 2 or Stage 3 because then you have to beef up your tranny a lot to hold that torque! Website:

http://www.lextreme.com/longblock.html

BTW I'm leaning towards the gears because:

1. When do I ever drive 145MPH? I don't mind if I can only hit 130MPH or so for the gain of extra low-end grunt.

2. I have heard good things about the TC however through my research I have found that the low-end gains (results) are the same between the taller gears and the TC. The gears will also enable you to have a more powerful launch at EVERY speed interval whereas the TC is ONLY for off-the-line launches (plus it adds a lot of heat and wear and tear on the tranny; why you need to also add a good tranny cooler w/this mod.) Your thoughts???

Nick

I never heard of any swap on GS300 except for Supra TT 2JZGTE engine, unless those are for GS400/430 only. I think V8 vs. I6 swap will be much more complicated as you need to change all the ECUs and harnesses, basically to re-wire the whole car, adjust all the circuits. I don't think it will be any cheaper or easier than turbo/supercharger tuning.

:cries: I just contacted them via e-mail they are ONLY for the Lexus V8's that have FI on them. :cries: :chairshot: Sorry, I misunderstood them the first time around. LA I believe these engines all hook up to the existing wiring harnesses and all. Anyway, if you have FI you should look into these engines; they are nuts!

Nick

Check this out... I have 82K on my car now, I'll wait another year and drop one of these babies in. Probably the least extreme engine, but it will be a "new" engine and high performance at that. I just won't suggest going anythin bigger like the Stage 2 or Stage 3 because then you have to beef up your tranny a lot to hold that torque! Website:

http://www.lextreme.com/longblock.html

BTW I'm leaning towards the gears because:

1. When do I ever drive 145MPH? I don't mind if I can only hit 130MPH or so for the gain of extra low-end grunt.

2. I have heard good things about the TC however through my research I have found that the low-end gains (results) are the same between the taller gears and the TC. The gears will also enable you to have a more powerful launch at EVERY speed interval whereas the TC is ONLY for off-the-line launches (plus it adds a lot of heat and wear and tear on the tranny; why you need to also add a good tranny cooler w/this mod.) Your thoughts???

Nick

Good decision on the gears over TC.The tranny cooler is for in town driving all the stop and go traffic.How did you contact them do you have a #?Id like to see if theyll set one up with FI.

Awesome! How fast would you say your GS is runnining (0-60 & 1/4 mi.)? Assuming the stock GS does 5.8/5.9 0-60 and 14.4 1/4 mi. I just want to guage how quick I can make my car without going FI.

With TC and LSD on GS4 I saw people on clublexus reported 5.3sec 0-60, and 13.9-14.0sec 1/4 mile. Not sure though if they also had headers replaced or not.