Remote Start Question....

jasp615

I bought a new 06 GX 470 about 2 months ago. I would like to install a remote start. Has anyone done this with their truck? Have you had any problems with it? How much did you pay and what type did you use?

I did see that there is one that will use the same key and remote that you received with the truck and I would like to keep that. Did you do it yourself or did you have someone else do it?

Thanks for the info,

Sami

I bought a new 06 GX 470 about 2 months ago. I would like to install a remote start. Has anyone done this with their truck? Have you had any problems with it? How much did you pay and what type did you use?

I did see that there is one that will use the same key and remote that you received with the truck and I would like to keep that. Did you do it yourself or did you have someone else do it?

Thanks for the info,

Sami

paid $400 for 2 way starter. This added an additional 1500 ft in range and lets me know that it started by beeps on my remote. It uses its own remote. It locks the doors on starting and I have to use its remote to unlock it. With any remote you will lose security since they have to put a spare key somewhere to disable the "chip" feature. i.e. the car will not start if it doesnt sense the computer chip built into the keys within several feet of the igniton housing. I have never heard of any starters using native remotes.

I agree with the remote starter having a separate remote. I don't have one now on my Lexus but I did have one installed on my Land Rover .

I had to use the remote that came with the kit. Good Luck, I'm sure if you have it installed you will love it..........however,

you might want to ensure you have it installed at a reputable place that will have a guarantee against the installation..........like "Best Buy" The dealer can't assist you if something goes wrong, and some say when it's installed it may void the dealer warranty..........so check that out also....

Kim

Hi Kim,

This is what I came across and was wondering if anyone heard of it. I would like to find out who installs this type.

LuxLink Remote Start is a great feature to add to any vehicle! Put an end to a freezing seat or an exhaustingly hot interior by starting your car BEFORE you get in it. LuxLink works with the factory remote key where most other remote starters require the use of an additional remote control.

How It Works: Simply press the "lock" button three times to remotely start the vehicle.

Features: * Uses your FACTORY Remote!

* Don't get burned by a hot seat! Remote Start to pre-cool your vehicle!

* Automatic 15 minute cut-off while remote operation.

* Safety feature prevents vehicle from being driven unless key is in the ignition.

* While in remote operation, steering wheel remains locked for security.

* Designed for automatic transmission vehicles, not available for manual transmission.

* 4 Year Warranty (from original Date of Purchase)

• 1 month later...

Hi Kim,

This is what I came across and was wondering if anyone heard of it. I would like to find out who installs this type.

LuxLink Remote Start is a great feature to add to any vehicle! Put an end to a freezing seat or an exhaustingly hot interior by starting your car BEFORE you get in it. LuxLink works with the factory remote key where most other remote starters require the use of an additional remote control.

How It Works: Simply press the "lock" button three times to remotely start the vehicle.

Features: * Uses your FACTORY Remote!

* Don't get burned by a hot seat! Remote Start to pre-cool your vehicle!

* Automatic 15 minute cut-off while remote operation.

* Safety feature prevents vehicle from being driven unless key is in the ignition.

* While in remote operation, steering wheel remains locked for security.

* Designed for automatic transmission vehicles, not available for manual transmission.

* 4 Year Warranty (from original Date of Purchase)

Checked out the web site sounds prettycool, could not find any info on ordering. has anyone every used this company?

• 8 months later...