Engine Splash Shields

Hi,

I recently began the process of looking for a new body shop to repair my mangled fender... In the process it was brought to my naive attention that my car is missing both of its fender splash shields as well as the engine splash shield.... I was told not to be immediately alarmed but that if i neglected the issue, i was putting my car in immenent danger... HELP.... Are they a necessity? What do you all suggest that I do???

Thanks in advance, Jezz

Please Help People!!! Im too poor a college student to have this be the downfall of my car. Is a car lacking splash shields near its end???

Thanks

Check some parts yards ( junkyards ) for rearended vehicles. Sooner or later there will be some road debris buildup and moisture could get into places that could cause corosion.

• 2 weeks later...

Please Help People!!! Im too poor a college student to have this be the downfall of my car. Is a car lacking splash shields near its end???

Thanks

Check some parts yards ( junkyards ) for rearended vehicles. Sooner or later there will be some road debris buildup and moisture could get into places that could cause corosion.

Thanks dcfish!

(completely unrelated) Hey dcfish, do you still have the instructions on how to repair gaugle cluster needles on the 1st gen GS?

1st gen GS ???

I have posted info on 1st gen ES. What is it that you need to know ?

I had to go in my garage to find this file. I fell over 2 leaf buckets and 1 old oil can to get this.

You owe me a beer :cheers:

And by thew way, Keep or replace your under body engine shield. Regardless of other member opinions. :whistles:

Would you buy a lexus without one ??? :whistles:

Fix_for_Lexus_Needles.pdf