Where Do You Put Your Ipod?

I have a 2007 IS 250 and I find it difficult to see whats playing/changing the playlist or adjusting the EQ while driving!! My last car was a 94' ES 300 and my Ipod w/ the Jogging holster thing fit perfectly in between the gearshift box and the trim snugly and extremly visible to me and right where my arm rested while driving... In my IS I have it just sitting inside the cupholder which makes it semi-hard to reach and impossible to read the screen unless I take it out and look at it!! Anyone have any good ideas of a better place to put it so that it would be secure in that place but also be visible to me for chaning playlists and such.

Where do you keep your Ipod??

I put my iPOD in the center console. After setting up several play lists I just select the ones I want and jut put the iPOD back in the console. It you find something better that would be great.

It sure would be great if the radio controls could integrate as well. I stopped at a local Car Toys and they did not have any ideas.

This is my New Setup! What are the opinions on this... Is it ghetto?? I think it looks pretty cheap but it works perfectly, its right in my view of sight so I dont really have to take my eyes off the road, it does not block any cupholders at all, I can charge it easily with all the cords being out of the way, and it its really easy to put away when i leave the car so its not in view of would-be thieves. Its perfect access... Im sure itlooks a bit cheap though...

PICT3230.jpg

PICT3229.jpg

PICT3228.jpg

PICT3226.jpg

PICT3225.jpg

PICT3224.jpg

PICT3223.jpg

PICT3220.jpg

PICT3219.jpg

Thats a little too makeshift for me.

I'm planning on doing an iPod soon, I'll probably install it with a Vais kit (www.vaistech.com) and install it in the armrest with my Sirius tuner. The Vais unit allows the iPod to be controlled by the nav screen.

I HATE stuff stuck or bolted to the dash.

Ya I do too, but the thing is I dont have the skills to install my Ipod integration kit and nor do I have a Navigation system which would make me actually want it more... If I ever get tired of it I can just remove it, but right now it works good and otherwise its a pain to use it and I end just listening to my crappy CD's haha

Denison makes a nice cradle that supports any ipod with a dock connector:

http://www.densionusa.com/dice_cradle_info.htm

I'm thinking about getting this for my Ipod since connecting and disconnecting it all the time is a pain (and probably not so great for the connector).

I bet someone makes a combo cable that combines the power and line-out leads and goes into the dock connector...this would make it look a little more finished and you could stash the power converter and sound connectors in the armrest storage box.

Either here or on CL someone did a tutorial on how to take apart the IS350/250 dash to install the Vaistech kit, and then running the wire into the center armrest. It's not that hard from what I remember; if you have installed memory or expansion cards in your computer it's about as difficult (and your car is a giant computer now anyway :) ). I haven't tried the Dice kit which is a little cheaper and seems to be almost as good; I think they work with or without Nav. Periodically some of the forums have group buys for the Vaistech unit; that's how i got mine.

I keep my ipod in the glovebox, but I have the Vaistech kit so I never need to see the iPod. FAR more distracting for me is the temptation to purchase a second iPod to leave in the car all the time.

Oh wow, thats actually really amazing, im going ot look into that, I was hoping this would just be a minor stepping stone into getting my Ipod fully integrated! Im waiting for christmas for my parents to invest in an integration kit for me!

My setup will work for now I guess...

Thanks for the info I'll definately look into both of those ideas, sounds great

Oh wow, thats actually really amazing, im going ot look into that, I was hoping this would just be a minor stepping stone into getting my Ipod fully integrated! Im waiting for christmas for my parents to invest in an integration kit for me!

My setup will work for now I guess...

Thanks for the info I'll definately look into both of those ideas, sounds great

Here are the links:

Take apart IS350 (this guy was doing the nav mod)

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193739

And then the ipod install:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221337

This guy wired it so it went into the lower console box.

Hope that helps.

Wow, that is a really good idea, i have been planning on getting an ipod integration unit, my dad does not want to kill the warranty though, I was trying to explain that it most likely would not hurt our warranty is that true?? Hopefully i'll only have to have my current set-up for a little while longer