Differences Between Model Years

FishDawg

I'm getting ready to buy a used LS. Probably one from between 2001 and 2005.

I know sometimes car makers have a dud year. And I want to get a certain level of luxury and reliability. So, which model years are best? What changes (good or bad) were made each year?

I would get a 1998, 99, 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2005, 2004 had problems with the fuel pump. I wrote the other extra years because they seem very good also, the newest and with no accidents and the one that has the lowest miles that is the one I would buy. Try to buy one that has all the major maintenance if not all maintenance done at Lexus. The changes in the Generations are in the site given by another member.

CPR

I know sometimes car makers have a dud year. And I want to get a certain level of luxury and reliability. So, which model years are best? What changes (good or bad) were made each year?

I would get a 1998, 99, 2001, 2002, 2003 or 2005, 2004 had problems with the fuel pump. I wrote the other extra years because they seem very good also, the newest and with no accidents and the one that has the lowest miles that is the one I would buy. Try to buy one that has all the major maintenance if not all maintenance done at Lexus. The changes in the Generations are in the site given by another member.

CPR

Cardona, I'm curious why you would not include the 2000 model? Usually, the last year of any body/style change would result in fewest problems. (Maybe I'm biased because I have one) B)

The only reason I did not mention it was that I forgot. I have no reason to make any bad remarks of the 2000 LS, I have no recollection of any negatives on the said model-year.

C.PR

CPR

Cardona, I'm curious why you would not include the 2000 model? Usually, the last year of any body/style change would result in fewest problems. (Maybe I'm biased because I have one) B)