Will The K N Air Filter Harm The Engine?

hoi008

I just install a K N air filter in my 04 GX try to improve horse power and fuel milage but some one say the oil in K N filter will damage the air senor is it true? please help me with the answer

If it is a new filter then you are ok ( they are pre-oiled from the factory ), Just never over oil the filter in the future. I have been using K&N air filters for years with no problem.

Thank you for your imformation but do you think you can tell there is a improve gas milage or HP

Slightly better gas milage and it feels a bit peppier, Although I don't document the information. I am sure you will be happy with the filter. :cheers:

The problem with K&N filter is when people re-oil them, they tend to over oil and contaminate the oxygen sensor. As far as better gas milage or better accelaration, it is because of the new air filter. An old K&N filter actually pass more dirt and restrict the flow more than OEM.

The problem with K&N filter is when people re-oil them, they tend to over oil and contaminate the oxygen sensor. As far as better gas milage or better accelaration, it is because of the new air filter. An old K&N filter actually pass more dirt and restrict the flow more than OEM.

This is one of those debatable discussions, If you like the K&N filter use it and keep it clean. Or keep buying new OEM filters to pasify your engine breathing wants..... And the rest is BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!!!!!

• 9 months later...