Overdrive Light Blinking And Bad Downshifting

2GTSVETTE

If your OD light is blinking there's a problem. I would atleast call Lexus or a Toyota dealer to make sure they can retrieve a code as to what is wrong with your transmission. They should be able to pull the code and tell you whats causing the OD light to blink. Just a guess but maybe one of the solenoids in the tranny is faulty and thats causing you problems? How many miles do you have on the transmission? Also check the fluid level and condition.

i have a 1992 sc400 (auto) and my overdirve light blinks now and then...also, somtimes when i floor it on the highway the car downshifts and redlines as if it downshifted in a really low gear. what will cause this problem?? :wacko:

i have a 1992 sc400 (auto) and my overdirve light blinks now and then...also, somtimes when i floor it on the highway the car downshifts and redlines as if it downshifted in a really low gear. what will cause this problem?? :wacko:

I have posted an earlier problem similar to yours. I have a 95 SC400 and my o/d light is blinking now too, and when it started I notived my cruise control shut down and is still not working. I don't notice any gear problems, just blinking light. I haven't had time to take it to Lexus yet. Would appreciate knowing what ever you find out.