Infiniti I30

akewlguy

• 3 weeks later...

I30 has nice interior components and layout. nice looking car too. but es is better built and rides much smoother.

i assume since you said I30, that you're looking at the pre-2002 models, when they went to the I35, for the 3.5 V6 engine? The I30, infact the "I" series is nothing more than a maxima with a softer suspension, and maybe a little extra sound deadening material in the corner panels. The engine is also VVT based on the Infiniti side, which usually gives the car an extra 5 to 10 hp over the maxima.

i think you've got two good cars you're looking at. I can't really say anything bad about either one. The ES will be quieter and smoother, but the I30 will be a bit sportier, and the ride won't be as nice. However, you will have more leg room in the back seat, and they are quite comfortable. The rear seats are at more of a downward angle, which gives people more legroom.

I30 has nice interior components and layout. nice looking car too. but es is better built and rides much smoother.

i assume since you said I30, that you're looking at the pre-2002 models, when they went to the I35, for the 3.5 V6 engine? The I30, infact the "I" series is nothing more than a maxima with a softer suspension, and maybe a little extra sound deadening material in the corner panels. The engine is also VVT based on the Infiniti side, which usually gives the car an extra 5 to 10 hp over the maxima.

Okay, I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you (NC211), but this targets a lot of people who really need to get their facts right; and it ticks me off~ pardon my language.

I30-Nissan Cefiro is one of the original engine/chassis car. The Maxima on the other hand is manufacturered and sold ONLY in the US and Canada.

It's the same with the Toyota SOarer-Lexus SC 2.5/300/400. They are not based on the Toyota Solara.

--------------------

In response to the comparo Infiniti I vs the ES. Yes, they are both definitely well-built and very tough to compare. If I was to pick a car between the two, I would choose the ES because the turning-radius for the I30/35 blows. The ES has a better turning-radius, but when it comes to power and stamina I'd go with the I35.

Oh NC211:

I hate to do this to you again, but the extra BPH didn't come from the VVT for the I30/35. It was the because of the larger diameter pistons and the larger engine header that made the difference. there are some major differences between the Max and the I.

UCF3, no worries man, you're not *BLEEP*ing on my parade at all. :cheers: But, I do ask that you realize that there are many of us on here that are not super car guys. My post is simply from my own experience with the Nissan product line. I only know what those who know have told me over the years, and what I have witnessed for myself. I may be off on my comparision between the maxima and I series, but in 2001 when I was looking at cars, and purchased the 2001 Maxima, other than some cosmetics here and there, I noticed very very very little differences between driving, riding and appearance of the two. Each had the same measurements, seats, radio, etc.... Especially nothing that jumped out that justified the price difference between the two. They may be different frames and such, but to the common man, the I series is a beefed up Maxima, plain and simple. They look the same, measure the same, ride the same, feel the same. Just have a few differences to justify the price jump and the different badge on the trunk. I haven't a clue what bore differences are between the two engines, nor do i really care. they're both the 3.0 liter nissan v6. But the I30 was a little bit peppier when I drove it around Birmingham, and the SE suspension on the Maxima was definetly tighter and harsher. But other than that, they drove and felt identical to me. In fact, what put me at the Nissan dealer was the comment the sales guy told me at Infiniti, that the I30 was basically a Maxima, just tuned more to the luxury side of the spectrum, instead of the sport side. Maybe he was wrong, but it sold me...to save the pennies and buy a fully loaded Maxima, instead of the I30.

Besides...if we all had our facts straight, then this website would be of little use to anyone. :ph34r:

I do agree on the turning radius problems with the nissans. You can barely pull off a 3 point turn on a freakin' runway. :blink:

Okay, I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you (NC211), but this targets a lot of people who really need to get their facts right; and it ticks me off~ pardon my language.

I30-Nissan Cefiro is one of the original engine/chassis car. The Maxima on the other hand is manufacturered and sold ONLY in the US and Canada.

It's the same with the Toyota SOarer-Lexus SC 2.5/300/400. They are not based on the Toyota Solara.

--------------------

In response to the comparo Infiniti I vs the ES. Yes, they are both definitely well-built and very tough to compare. If I was to pick a car between the two, I would choose the ES because the turning-radius for the I30/35 blows. The ES has a better turning-radius, but when it comes to power and stamina I'd go with the I35.

Oh NC211:

I hate to do this to you again, but the extra BPH didn't come from the VVT for the I30/35. It was the because of the larger diameter pistons and the larger engine header that made the difference. there are some major differences between the Max and the I.

:whistles: I'm not a supercar driver, just the occasional racecar now and then :)

You're right, the I and Max. drive similarly. For the longest time I beleived the I and Max were the exact same cars, but all of that changed once i started to work at an Infiniti dealership and got the chance to actaully compare the cars side by side. I even put them on the rack and checked the underbody, wheels suspension, etc. they have some similar parts like pads and rotors, suspension and so on, but the Maxima being built over here has some major differences. For example, the Nissan dealer reports the Maxima comes back for more Warranty work than the I30. In my opinion, it's a poorly built car. I would choose the I over the MAx.

The point I was trying to make the I30, g20, j30, m30, m35/45 q45 and so on are tested on a global market scale, The Max isn't, hence the reason why I'm calling the Infiniti's the real cars from Nissan.