Does Your Ac Make A Noise Other Than Rushing Air?

Gebo

My Daughter just purchased a '01 IS300. I was driving it today to get tags and such and I noticed when the AC is on, I can hear a "rumble." I know the AC will make a noise when it is running but this sort of caught me off guard. How much noise does yours make?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about a rumble but a common problem I was also a victim of is a clicking sound coming from behind the glovebox. No, it's not a guinea pig on an exercise wheel but it is the A/C servo control unit that can't make it's mind up of whether or not open or close so it just sits there clicking while trying to decide. Of course the dealer can cheerfully supply you a new one for the rock bottom price of around $200. It's super easy to change if you think this is your problem.

Hope I helped,

Ken

Not sure about a rumble but a common problem I was also a victim of is a clicking sound coming from behind the glovebox. No, it's not a guinea pig on an exercise wheel but it is the A/C servo control unit that can't make it's mind up of whether or not open or close so it just sits there clicking while trying to decide. Of course the dealer can cheerfully supply you a new one for the rock bottom price of around $200. It's super easy to change if you think this is your problem.

Hope I helped,

Ken

Mine rumbles a bit. I just bought the car and havn't used the AC much since its cool here now. Climate control kicks it on occasionally and I just turn it off again. So far it doesn't seem louder than AC noise I've had in any other vehicle...it IS a Lexus however...should it really make any noise at all? :)

• 2 months later...

Hope I helped,

Ken

Ken - I have recently noticed a subtle clicking sound coming from AC, as you referenced. But I don't want to spend $200 if that's not the problem. Any way to verify?