Speakers Pop And Go Out When Volume Is Raised

So here is how it started, i have Sirius satellite radio in my car transmitting to an FM station, i had it on a moderate volume and all of a sudden it started to skip and make a popping noise, i turned off sirius and went on a local FM station and the same thing was happening, skipping and popping, then it just went out. the speakers made no static or noise, i put a tape into the tape deck and plugged the tape into my sirius radio so that sirius would transmit through the tape.. and it made no noise.. i turned the radio off a few times and it didnt work, then i left it off for 15 mins and when i turned it on, it worked but it skips and pops if i turn the volume up a little. I have a 95 ES300. PLEASE somebody help me.

Thank you very much!!

Max.

• 11 months later...
So here is how it started, i have Sirius satellite radio in my car transmitting to an FM station, i had it on a moderate volume and all of a sudden it started to skip and make a popping noise, i turned off sirius and went on a local FM station and the same thing was happening, skipping and popping, then it just went out. the speakers made no static or noise, i put a tape into the tape deck and plugged the tape into my sirius radio so that sirius would transmit through the tape.. and it made no noise.. i turned the radio off a few times and it didnt work, then i left it off for 15 mins and when i turned it on, it worked but it skips and pops if i turn the volume up a little. I have a 95 ES300. PLEASE somebody help me.

Thank you very much!!

Max.

same problem my amp shorted out then it shorted out my mute button which after awhile it will not come on at all.everything will work fine just no sound.replace your amp.this is what happen to mine had that happen on my rx300 what caused it to to go out was the mute button shorted out it had that feature for the phone but i never used it so it thought i was on the phone in turn it shut my radio off but everything else still worked.so instead of sending it out for 6weeks to cali i put a new amp and a eq with volume control to solve that problem and it only cost me 250 instead of the 2000 they was talking about to find the problem and replace the radio

• 4 weeks later...

immax01, It may not be your Amplifer, It could be blown speakers. The speakers on my 95' Sc deteriorated. Foam around the cone of the speaker disintegrated. I would check your speakers, before buying a new amplifer. To test hook-up a (small) working speaker onto the cars rear speaker (+/-) connections, if you hear sound then its your vechile speakers that have blown.

Here is a link to locate your amp and to see if there is any corrosion, if you don't see any rust on the the amplifer there is a good chance the amp is still functional. Let me know your conclusion of your test. Good Luck!

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusES300AmpR.htm