Ran Out Of Gas

Pushed my 03 gs300 too far - 464 miles was too much for it I guess - just a couple miles before the gas station too! Used lexus roadside assistance for the first time (bought this car used a few months ago) - pleased with the results took about an hour but not too bad.

At any rate, my check engine light is on as well as the VSD and VSD off light... I havent re-fueled yet, but there is about 2 gallons of gas in the car, will it go off after its full or can I do something to get them turned off?

getting about 24 MPG - mostly highway, is that about as good as it CAN be? Would a CAI increase the MPG, ive heard it can (plus a good excuse for a mod)...

Thanks

Ross

Pushed my 03 gs300 too far - 464 miles was too much for it I guess - just a couple miles before the gas station too! Used lexus roadside assistance for the first time (bought this car used a few months ago) - pleased with the results took about an hour but not too bad.

At any rate, my check engine light is on as well as the VSD and VSD off light... I havent re-fueled yet, but there is about 2 gallons of gas in the car, will it go off after its full or can I do something to get them turned off?

getting about 24 MPG - mostly highway, is that about as good as it CAN be? Would a CAI increase the MPG, ive heard it can (plus a good excuse for a mod)...

Thanks

Ross

24mpg, don't complain I average 18mpg with mostly highway, Mobil 1, well balanced/aligned/pressurized tires, and no AC or open windows.(weather is permitting). I'm no lead foot either. I hope this changes after I slap some new denso sparkplugs in.

• 5 years later...

I'm sorry but I don't understand how people still run out of gas... really? I recall the days when I first got my $300 beater in highschool and my buddies and I would scrounge together what we needed to get to where we had to go... So yah we ran out of gas occasionally, but it was part and parcel of the choices we were making. I think i've learnt since then. Any ways that was a nice story, I haven't ran out of gas in over 25 years of driving... :cheers:

should I be pround of myself...

:whistles:

Thanks

Ross

Your light may be on simply because the Road Side Assistance guy put a little gas in your car and the gas cap was not fully tightened. Then the light would come on. Since you have not refueled the car yet, that cap has not been tightened. Worth a look.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry but I don't understand how people still run out of gas... really? I recall the days when I first got my $300 beater in highschool and my buddies and I would scrounge together what we needed to get to where we had to go... So yah we ran out of gas occasionally, but it was part and parcel of the choices we were making. I think i've learnt since then. Any ways that was a nice story, I haven't ran out of gas in over 25 years of driving... :cheers:

should I be pround of myself...

:whistles:

Dude, I hate to break the news to you but have you looked around at Obamaville recently? Times are hard, budgets are razor thin and the premium fuel we need for these cars is north of $3.50 a gallon just about everywhere. Lots of people are running out of gas these days -- both literally and figuratively.