Nakamichi Amplifier

ml6301

Hello there

I have a 92 SC400 with the Nakamichi amplifier, it seems that the amp is going bad, lots of distortions (initially a thought that it was blown speakers but another set sounded the same). I have read lots of postings and just about all of them said that the only cure was to replace the amplifier. Until I came up to a posting from a guy in Texas the said that he replaced with an aftermarket amplifier and it worked great. Here is the posting:

cheers: Hey There,

I work in the car audio indusyry, I MANAGE 3 stores... I have the Nakamichi System in mine, my amp went bad... this is all you need to do... Get a 4 or 5 channel amp, run new 4 or 8 gauge wire ... use the 9.6 volt blue and yellow wire from the signal side of the amp TO TURN IT ON OR RUN NEW REMOTE FROM SWTCHED ACCESSORY...THE PLUG YOU NEED HAS has two brown wires, one is brown and black striped and one brown side by side, then the first four wires on the right side has yellow, red and ??? other colors next to them, the first 4 are front left front right rr, rl... they are signal leads and the brown and black are the common isolated gound for 2 wire RCA's where 1 wire is signal and the other ground....... combine all shields from cut rca's to brown and black and now you have 1 volt signal lead--- add a 4 channel ,,,, 2 channels will run to run 4 speakers for the high's and the tweeters in the front doors are crossed over in the doors----- the sub ---4ohm--- is used on the other two channels bridged, you will have no fader except front will be highs and the rear will be subs(or whichever you prefer)... or if fader is needed use a 5 channel amp or 1-4 channel amp for highs and 1- two channel amp for lows.---- rest assured you will have no problem duing this as i used a kicker 350.4 to do this and NO ENGINE NOISE is there..... I have it and it works,,, just meter left ft, right front, r rear, left rear.... splice to rca's and you got it... it works with factory head unit.... every one says it can't be done... yeah-ok.... IT WORKS AND BELIEVE ME IT DOES AS I USED A FOUR CHANNEL SO MY REAR FADER IS ON THE SUB MY FRONTS ARE ON THE HIGhS....4- 4INCH MB QUART DISCUS, KICKER 10" SUB COMPVR NO BOX, SOUNDS REALLLLLLLY GOOD.... WRITE ME OR CALL ME AT BROTHERS SOUND IN SAN ANTONIO TX. 210 509 ____..... ASK FOR _____, INSTALLATION MANAGER.----------------- if you are LOST PLEASE CALL 11-6PM CENTRAL. OH YEAH.... THE FIVE SPEAKER WIRE ARE COMMON TOYOTAS COLORS--- LEFT FRONT, RIGHT FRONT, RIGHT REAR, LEFT REAR AND SUB. EXCEPT THE SUB WOOFER ON THE OPPISITE SIDE OF THE SIGNAL LEADS I JUST DISCUSSED . SIGNAL LEADES ARE 18 GAUGE SPEAKER LEADS ARE 16 GAUGE ON THE OTHER SIDE. SPEAKER WIRES ARE PURPLE/PINK+ ---BLUE/GREEN+ -<<< FRONT REAR BLACK/YELLOW+ -- RED+/WHITE

Can anybody tell me if it is possible and maybe describe the steps a little better? Hopefully there is someone outthere that has done it and can provide with the instructions. Thanks for any input.

if all else fails, i have a nakamichi amp for sale if you want it

but def try and look into it some more before you do that if you want an aftermarket one instead, but the offer is out there

and as far as it being possible i have always heard no but there are always people who say they came up with some clever way to do it, the installers at the local audio shop said it couldnt as well

i guess u just have to wait for responses in here but let me kno if you want it down the road

ALSO:

unless you're using a 5 channel as he is stating, you're gonna have to do some bridging to fit the 4 speakers and the sub all on that aftermarket amp, just another element to think about

• 11 months later...
if all else fails, i have a nakamichi amp for sale if you want it

but def try and look into it some more before you do that if you want an aftermarket one instead, but the offer is out there

and as far as it being possible i have always heard no but there are always people who say they came up with some clever way to do it, the installers at the local audio shop said it couldnt as well

i guess u just have to wait for responses in here but let me kno if you want it down the road

ALSO:

unless you're using a 5 channel as he is stating, you're gonna have to do some bridging to fit the 4 speakers and the sub all on that aftermarket amp, just another element to think about