Rough Start Ls400

Imzjustplayin

Every morning my LS400 '94 is progressively getting more and more difficult to start. I mean it isn't hard like I have to keep cranking but this morning it started really rough, after warming up it finally it ran smoothly. But when it started up this morning it sounded like a guy choking on water or with a cough and then finally starting up. The car needs an oil change I know that and I plan to do it asap but could this really be the culprit for it starting up progressively worse each morning? I mean the difference between every morning is significantly worse, I was surprised that the car started up at all as it took like 7 secs to crank. Worried me a lot...

Anyways, what else could be the issue? Need of an oil change be the only thing?

Well I did an oil change on the car (needed it bad) and it now starts up smoother. Though on cold mornings, the car seems to still take much longer to start up than I believe it's suppose to. It's hard to know if it's starting up rough or not but it's kinda rough when it's like 40*F but at 50F its more of a long cranking of like 4-6 secs before it will startup...

Greetings:

It would be very useful to read the threads of similar problems to this one in the forums. It probably also would help going to www.lexls.com there you will get most of the answers you will need. I would check/clean/replace Air Filter, Maf Sensor cleaning, fuel filter/replace, Throtle Body cleaning is in order also. All of these procedures are outlined in the above site with pictures and instructions. The first I would do is clean the Maf Sensor and see status of the air filter, if more that 30,000 miles on the current one, it needs to be replaced also, unless a reusable one that just need a cleaning.

C. PR

Every morning my LS400 '94 is progressively getting more and more difficult to start. I mean it isn't hard like I have to keep cranking but this morning it started really rough, after warming up it finally it ran smoothly. But when it started up this morning it sounded like a guy choking on water or with a cough and then finally starting up. The car needs an oil change I know that and I plan to do it asap but could this really be the culprit for it starting up progressively worse each morning? I mean the difference between every morning is significantly worse, I was surprised that the car started up at all as it took like 7 secs to crank. Worried me a lot...

Anyways, what else could be the issue? Need of an oil change be the only thing?

• 3 weeks later...