I Feel Tricked By Lexus

Rx330driver

:angry: <-- my angry face right now

as some of you may have read, i had to call roadside assistance because my car battery died and i needed a jump start. They left without asking for any bill so i was driving off chucking to myself about how i love lexus.

low and behold, today i opened my lexus signiture visa card bill and there it was, $168 smackeroos. it just said lexus, and i thought to myself, and because i saw the date, that was the night my car broke down. now i kind of expected this in the back of my mind seeing how im out of warranty but seriously, they could have given me a receipt or some notification. how did they even find my credit card! :whistles: :chairshot:

The tow truck driver would not have a clue as to the billing procedure as they are part of a north American contract with multiple operators.

It is a problem with Lexus roadside. They should have informed you that you were out of warranty and it would be billed to you for a year of service. At the price you paid it was for 2 years not one.

Give them a call about that as it is not the Lexus way.

:angry: <-- my angry face right now

as some of you may have read, i had to call roadside assistance because my car battery died and i needed a jump start. They left without asking for any bill so i was driving off chucking to myself about how i love lexus.

low and behold, today i opened my lexus signiture visa card bill and there it was, $168 smackeroos. it just said lexus, and i thought to myself, and because i saw the date, that was the night my car broke down. now i kind of expected this in the back of my mind seeing how im out of warranty but seriously, they could have given me a receipt or some notification. how did they even find my credit card! :whistles: :chairshot:

This is an error. Lexus Roadside is FREE for 4 years and unlimited mileage. You being out of warranty has nothing to do with it. Call 1800-25-LEXUS

Lexus Roadside is FREE for 4 years and unlimited mileage. You being out of warranty has nothing to do with it. Call 1800-25-LEXUS

mind you, SW, that is 4 years from the first registration of the car, so if it were registered 2/1/02, then you are only covered until 2/1/06.

RX330,

However, the statement only said "Lexus" and the associated charge. Have you inquired of credit card company the specific details of the "Lexus" charge. A simple phone call will provide you with details.

steviej

Once the free subscription with the car is over, how much is it annually? Mine's almost up, in about 3 months...:cries:

Just get a regular roadside assistance plan...mine covers any car I am driving even if I do not own it, as long as it is not a commercial vehicle or RV (they have plans to cover those too). I have Allstate Motor Club, AAA has plan and so do many others including some cell phone companies...I would stick with Allstate or AAA...

My plan cost about 70 per year. This is what is covered... you can buy better plans if you want...

Benefits Roadside Ad(S)

EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE $100.00

LOCK-OUT $100.00

LEGAL DEFENSE $750.00

TRIP INTERRUPTION $750.00

THEFT/HIT & RUN REWARDS $5,000.00

ARREST BOND CERTIFICATE $500.00

RV AND MOTORCYCLE COVERAGE N/A

TRIP PLAN YES

HOTEL/MOTEL YES

CAR RENTAL DISCOUNT YES

KOA CAMPGROUND DISCOUNT N/A

SPOUSE/DESIGNATED OTHER INCL.

mind you, SW, that is 4 years from the first registration of the car, so if it were registered 2/1/02, then you are only covered until 2/1/06.

But his is an 04, so its definately still covered, even if it were one of the first 04s sold.

RX330,

However, the statement only said "Lexus" and the associated charge. Have you inquired of credit card company the specific details of the "Lexus" charge. A simple phone call will provide you with details.

steviej

Does the Lexus card have an annual fee?

funny that when my BMW broke down on the way to las vegas for once, BMW roadside assistance did everything right. all i did was tip the driver 20 bucks.

Lexus usually is the same way.

But his is an 04, so its definately still covered, even if it were one of the first 04s sold.

ahh, ok. I was assuming he was discussing his 02 IS300

Does the Lexus card have an annual fee?

one of my first thoughts, too. If true, then that would be too ironic that the annual billing date would be the same as his incident.

steviej

well i wont bore you with the conversation, but long story short, i was reimbursed. some big mixup with the car. :cheers: goodjob lexus!

p.s. does anybody who also owns a lexus pursuit visa card know anything about the 10% off your next lexus deal with the points? how many points do i need, cause i have one year before i can hopefully get that new LS, lmao ;)