How To Clean Dash And Suede On Is350

I have done some searches on it but didnt have a good answer to my questions.

1. The dash on new IS's is not vinly or cloth, its like a rubbery textured material. What products (if any used) have you IS owners use?

2. The ceiling inside the IS is suede (I think) and is difficult to clean from what I hear. What product is good to use?

The dash is actually vinyl. Water:Woolite 6:1 works fine, 1Z also makes a good product called Cockpit Premium but the Water:Woolite works and you can't beat the price.

As for the headliner its not suede and they routinely don't have to be cleaned (my ES is 4 years old and the headliner has never been cleaned save a couple spots, and it doesn't need it), the Water:Woolite works fine here too, just be sure not to saturate the headliner.

Cleaning headliners is tricky...

The dash is actually vinyl. Water:Woolite 6:1 works fine, 1Z also makes a good product called Cockpit Premium but the Water:Woolite works and you can't beat the price.

As for the headliner its not suede and they routinely don't have to be cleaned (my ES is 4 years old and the headliner has never been cleaned save a couple spots, and it doesn't need it), the Water:Woolite works fine here too, just be sure not to saturate the headliner.

I did some research on woolite and found this website www.woolitecarpet.com. Is this the right product? If so wich one do yo reccomend? Thanks for you help.

I did some research on woolite and found this website www.woolitecarpet.com. Is this the right product? If so wich one do yo reccomend? Thanks for you help.

I think the Woolite product that SW03ES meant is this one:

http://woolite.com/products.shtml

I would recommend the Woolite Original Fabric Wash

It is used to cleaning clothing, but if diluted with water (6 parts water to 1 part Woolite) it is also useful for cleaning car interiors, even leather seats.

I agree with SW03ES that cleaning the headliner can be tricky and under normal circumstances, shouldn't be necessary. The material used can become patchy looking if you try to spot clean it, making it look worse than before it was touched. Also, there is an adhesive used to hold the headliner material in place on the panel. If moistened too much with cleaners, the adhesive can weaken and eventually the headliner material will separate from the panel and begin to sag.....not a pretty sight. ;)

I think the Woolite product that SW03ES meant is this one:

http://woolite.com/products.shtml

I would recommend the Woolite Original Fabric Wash

It is used to cleaning clothing, but if diluted with water (6 parts water to 1 part Woolite) it is also useful for cleaning car interiors, even leather seats.

I agree with SW03ES that cleaning the headliner can be tricky and under normal circumstances, shouldn't be necessary. The material used can become patchy looking if you try to spot clean it, making it look worse than before it was touched. Also, there is an adhesive used to hold the headliner material in place on the panel. If moistened too much with cleaners, the adhesive can weaken and eventually the headliner material will separate from the panel and begin to sag.....not a pretty sight. ;)

The ceiling of my car is not stain, I just wanted to know for future refrence. Thanks for the info. I realy appreciate it.

On my old school regular cloth headliner, I have great luck with Tuff Stuff upholestry cleaner. You can spray it on a microfiber mitt and wipe gently at the headliner. It has removed ugly smoker stains on my headliner. I even managed to get spaghetti sauce or ketchup off a friends headliner. It also brings a uniform look colorwise.

Always test a inconspicous area before using any material on the upholestry.