Draining The Battery

Hello All,

In the three months that I've had my IS250 iIve managed to drain the battery 4 times by forgetting to fully shut down or leaving the assesories on. I'm used to thinking that if I have the keys/remote in my hand then the vehicle is fully shut down.

Does this happened to any of you?

Hello All,

In the three months that I've had my IS250 iIve managed to drain the battery 4 times by forgetting to fully shut down or leaving the assesories on. I'm used to thinking that if I have the keys/remote in my hand then the vehicle is fully shut down.

which assesories do you leave on or remain on after the car is shut off?

steviej

so let me get this right, if you are done with the car and press the Engine Stop button, components of the car can still be on?

I don't know if I like this system.

steviej

Yep. If you don't put in park before you shut down, than your acc is still on. That's the way some people get around having to hit the start button again to keep their radio playing. However, you gotta remember to shut down before leaving the car. I've only done it a couple times, by accident and caught it right away, but I can see where one could forget.

so let me get this right, if you are done with the car and press the Engine Stop button, components of the car can still be on?

I don't know if I like this system.

steviej

Yep. If you don't put in park before you shut down, than your acc is still on. That's the way some people get around having to hit the start button again to keep their radio playing. However, you gotta remember to shut down before leaving the car. I've only done it a couple times, by accident and caught it right away, but I can see where one could forget.

I'm pretty sure I've done this before, and I remember that the car makes some strange alert sounds when I open the door.

The way my battery got drained was because i shuf off the engin, then pressed the start botton once or twice to close the windows, play with the nav. or the phone and then I must have left the car without pressing the start botton.

Hello All,

I haven't drained the battery, but I have forgot to put it in park a couple of times. I guess it must have shut down on its own somehow. I tell you, I love this keyless entry system. My husband hates it, esp with his car, but I really like only having to have the key in my purse, walking up to the car, and it unlocks. I just wish it would unlock both doors instead of only the driver's side!!!

I haven't drained the battery, but I have forgot to put it in park a couple of times. I guess it must have shut down on its own somehow. I tell you, I love this keyless entry system. My husband hates it, esp with his car, but I really like only having to have the key in my purse, walking up to the car, and it unlocks. I just wish it would unlock both doors instead of only the driver's side!!!

There is a way to fix that. When I touch the door all 4 doors open :). I forget what it is you have to do, but you hit and hold something on the remote for a certain amount of seconds and it will switch the setting to open all doors when you touch the handle instead of just the drivers door!

There is a way to fix that. When I touch the door all 4 doors open :). I forget what it is you have to do, but you hit and hold something on the remote for a certain amount of seconds and it will switch the setting to open all doors when you touch the handle instead of just the drivers door!

Now that would be a handy thing to know how to do. I would appreciate knowing the exact steps for that one.

If i remember right, setting up how the doors unlock when you unlock one of the others is one of those options you can set up with the personalization settings at the dealer. You know the questionair you fill you with all the settings you would like changed (eg. how long the lights stay on after turning off your car etc.. )

If i remember right, setting up how the doors unlock when you unlock one of the others is one of those options you can set up with the personalization settings at the dealer. You know the questionair you fill you with all the settings you would like changed (eg. how long the lights stay on after turning off your car etc.. )

I believe that's correct. They have a hand held "programmer" to make all those settings to the customer's preference. I had a couple settings changed on the first visit back to the dealer for 30 day inspection.

I see having all the doors open automatically as a mixed blessing though. If all the doors unlock every time you touch the handle, that makes it easy for an unwanted someone to jump in the car with you. That happened to a coworker who remotely opened the doors to his SUV at a gas station and a car jacker jumped in. The coworker finally got away but it was a traumatic experience to say the least.

I believe that's correct. They have a hand held "programmer" to make all those settings to the customer's preference. I had a couple settings changed on the first visit back to the dealer for 30 day inspection.

I see having all the doors open automatically as a mixed blessing though. If all the doors unlock every time you touch the handle, that makes it easy for an unwanted someone to jump in the car with you. That happened to a coworker who remotely opened the doors to his SUV at a gas station and a car jacker jumped in. The coworker finally got away but it was a traumatic experience to say the least.

I asked my dealer about it, and that wasn't an option. And, yes, you are correct that it might not be a good idea after all, in that instance!!!

To Correct you all, there is a way to switch the feature to open all doors or just the drivers door through using the remote. I have never change any of the PLS's or Personalized Lexus Settings or whatever they call them, I used my remove to change it to open all 4 doors, I wish I could remeber what the key was but I think I read it somewhere in the manual?? I'll investigate and get back to you all ;)

I find it pretty easy to open my door and just reach down and push the "unlock" button and then get in.

Of course you would, Bartkat!!! But when I've got an impatient husband who doesn't like to wait, it gets irritating!! Or maybe it's my husband who's irritating!!! :P

I find it pretty easy to open my door and just reach down and push the "unlock" button and then get in.

Of course you would, Bartkat!!! But when I've got an impatient husband who doesn't like to wait, it gets irritating!! Or maybe it's my husband who's irritating!!! :P

Tell him go just realax, cool it. :cheers:

Or do like I do when I'm out with a chick and walk around, open the door, let them get in and close the door. No waiting. :D :D

Tell him go just realax, cool it.:cheers:

Or do like I do when I'm out with a chick and walk around, open the door, let them get in and close the door. No waiting. :D :D

Yeah, I've been doing that a lot, unlocking his door first (do you get the idea that I drive EVERYWHERE, and not him???!!!! lol), so all the doors unlock first, and he can get his butt in the car w/o complaining!!!

I hope this doesn't turn out like the guy that worked at out plant. He and his wife both worked the same shift and she always drove. One day she worked overtime so she gave him the car keys so he could go home. About an hour later he ended up back at the plant. He had gotten lost trying to find his way home.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: