Navigation

Duggan

Would like to know the latest navigation system update for a 2004 RX330. Is it best to buy from Lexus and can I install myself?

If its anything like it is here in Australia, you can get to the DVD, its in the rear under the floor to the right of the first aid kit, but you can't buy new ones except through Lexus (or at least be sure of the correct disk), and they want $AUS398. !

Buy from the dealer and install it yourself. It's not cheap but atleast you know it'll work. The update disc only updates the map and POI's no added functions/features. It's about $300. Be careful with ebay if you wanna go that route.

There's a $40 rebate going on right now at lexus-parts.com if you're interested.

There's a $40 rebate going on right now at lexus-parts.com if you're interested.

The amount of the rebate depends on which version disc you currently are using. Version 5 qualifies for the $40 rebate while earlier versions qualify for a $20 or $15 rebate.

I'd love to see a group buy for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont get it when it comes to these dvds.

why update if we still get that old interface (brown background) and same resolution. all you get are newer roads and the updates for POI's. nothing else really changes. i guess if you always traveled using the navs...

I've seen some RX's being used for business. I know some realtors that use their RX to get custormers around. Updated map is essential to them. The cost to me is not worth it, but if you can pass it as business expense, it may not be too bad.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2002 RX 300 with a 2001 V1 nav DVD. In Oregon it only has detailed street guidance for Portland and Salem. Can someone who has recently upgraded to the 2006 DVD tell me if you can get street to street navigation in Corvallis, OR?

Thanks

i dont get it when it comes to these dvds.

why update if we still get that old interface (brown background) and same resolution. all you get are newer roads and the updates for POI's. nothing else really changes. i guess if you always traveled using the navs...

Why buy the Nav then? I travel a lot and I paid a good amount to have the NAV. I use it all the time and to me its worth it to have up to date roads and POIs. Most importantly its worth it to me to speed $300 buck to shut my mother-in-law up who thinks she knows everything. She told me to go one way and the Nav picked another. The Nav picked the route with no traffic and got me there at least 20 minutes early. She didn't say a word in that 20 minutes. Thats priceless.