Stupid Smart Access And Engine Immobilizer

producer97

Has anybody run into this problem and if so, what was the cause and what was the resolution?

Last night I locked the door using the rubber smart access button on the outside of the driver's door. Then I also locked it using the remote control (this I did for the first time since I have owned the car in about a month or so). Then today after I got into the car using smart access, but I couldn't start the engine. The ignition knob would not turn with or without the key or the fake smart access starter that came in a plastic card. I think there was a message flashed on the screen that said cannot detect smart key (which I obviously had with me). After fiddling with it for more than 15 minutes (mainly trying all combinations of keys and turning smart access on and off), I finally was able to start the car. I then tried to duplicate the problem, and I was able to do it using the same sequence as above. I then try to fix it and couldn't again for a while, until all of a sudden it worked again. I don't know what I did to make it work. I RTFM and found it to be largely useless in regard to this problem. I then tried to duplicate the problem 2 times and was not able to do it. I remember when I first bought the car I let my nephew play inside with the keys and somehow he caused the same lock out and I fixed by fiddling without actually knowing what I was doing.

The only thing I know for sure is that if I ONLY use smart access, I have no problems whatever. As soon as we use the key in combination with the smart access system, then things go awry. I am probably OK with the set up, I have to say I LOVE the smart access system, but if my wife has to drive somewhere and gets stuck like this she will surely kill me. She almost killed me this morning because I was supposed to drive her to school and she ended up taking a cab and was late. Besides, I might let somebody else drive it and it will be the same issue, which I don't want. Any advice on the cause and solution would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Take it to the dealer and have them check it out. This before your wife disposes of you for having a Lexus and making her take a cab again to school.

C>PR

Has anybody run into this problem and if so, what was the cause and what was the resolution?

Last night I locked the door using the rubber smart access button on the outside of the driver's door. Then I also locked it using the remote control (this I did for the first time since I have owned the car in about a month or so). Then today after I got into the car using smart access, but I couldn't start the engine. The ignition knob would not turn with or without the key or the fake smart access starter that came in a plastic card. I think there was a message flashed on the screen that said cannot detect smart key (which I obviously had with me). After fiddling with it for more than 15 minutes (mainly trying all combinations of keys and turning smart access on and off), I finally was able to start the car. I then tried to duplicate the problem, and I was able to do it using the same sequence as above. I then try to fix it and couldn't again for a while, until all of a sudden it worked again. I don't know what I did to make it work. I RTFM and found it to be largely useless in regard to this problem. I then tried to duplicate the problem 2 times and was not able to do it. I remember when I first bought the car I let my nephew play inside with the keys and somehow he caused the same lock out and I fixed by fiddling without actually knowing what I was doing.

The only thing I know for sure is that if I ONLY use smart access, I have no problems whatever. As soon as we use the key in combination with the smart access system, then things go awry. I am probably OK with the set up, I have to say I LOVE the smart access system, but if my wife has to drive somewhere and gets stuck like this she will surely kill me. She almost killed me this morning because I was supposed to drive her to school and she ended up taking a cab and was late. Besides, I might let somebody else drive it and it will be the same issue, which I don't want. Any advice on the cause and solution would be greatly appreciated!!!!