Sc300 Exhaust Tip Opinions Needed

I bought a '95 sc300 a month ago and have an issue with the exhaust tips... I've decided I want to have them chrome but I've been advised not to buy aftermarket tips. Should I just remove the tips and have them chromed? And if so, how do you remove them? Or are aftermarket tips the recommended solution here? Any help is appreciated.

2465109_4_full.jpg

I bought a '95 sc300 a month ago and have an issue with the exhaust tips... I've decided I want to have them chrome but I've been advised not to buy aftermarket tips. Should I just remove the tips and have them chromed? And if so, how do you remove them? Or are aftermarket tips the recommended solution here? Any help is appreciated.

2465109_4_full.jpg

I don't know why they would advise you not to replace the OEM tips, it won't hurt anything and may add a flavor to the sound. I just bought some nice magnaflow tips (http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/65A2468A0A0.aspx) from AutoAnything.com. They have PLENTY to choose from. I like the OEM's oval shape, as well as the Angle cut, so I stuck with that look, but got them a little longer and wider than stock. It would probably be best to have a muffler shop (nonfranchise may be cheaper) to install tips. Mine are supposed to arrive today, so I'm unsure if they clamp on or not, but I think they need to be welded on...recommended.

Happy hunting fellow Atlantan. :cheers:

Why does Atlanta kick !Removed!?

If you still have the original mufflers then they should already have chrome tips. If they are in bad condition you can just buy new sleeves which just slide right off with not tools although it may be a bit seized on.

it doesn't its just like any other city, just giving a thumbs up to godawg for the end of his paragraph

we do have lil jon though, i dunno if that counts, but i wont talk bout this anymore and thread crap on you 337

i agree though, aftermarket will not hurt it in any way what so ever, and def get them welded on, if you clamp them people can easily come up and jack your 50-200$ tips in a matter of seconds

plus you can do a lot of cool different designs when you go aftermarket, im a fan of the dual oval angled tips, look a lot like stock but there will be 4 tips in all when looking at it

i have a set of 3 1/2 inch chrome tips welded onto my original muffler and it fits my rear body kit lip perfectly.

File0051.jpg

Nice ride LuckyApril7.

I have a 94' Pearl White SC4 and plan on adding the rear, side and front air dams next year.

What style/company did you go with?

I'm not exactly sure what company made my body kit because it was a copy that a bodyshop did when they ordered the real deal from japan. So of course mine is fiberglass and the real one is polyurethane. But the fit and look is still the same. It was some japanese name, i forgot.

lol wow i have no idea how i found this but my mom grounded me tonight so for all the help you have been giving me godawg i went and did some research of my own :cheers:

the rear body kit piece you are looking for is by Evolution

It is called an Evolution Exclusive

exclusive1.jpg

exclusive2.jpg

i found it on a site with a long list of available sc 400 body kits and the only link given to buy the kit was this one which seems to be broken... http://www.evolution.co.jp/autocouture.html

Its a japanese site so if you find the link that does work, which shouldnt be too hard now that you know the body kit name, then you're gonna need a japanese translator package from microsoft

Hope that helps,

Chase

2465109_4_full.jpg

Sorry for slightly hijacking your thread :pirate: ...what did you end up going with?