Abs Light On-trac Off Light Blinking

Hello Room,

I have a 97 es300 and i let my friend help me replace the rear struts according to the DIY directions i found on this site. Everything went well, until I went to test drive it! The ABS light came on :cries: , and the trac off light started blinking. :censored: , I feel so bad, I hurt my baby. Could somebody please tell me what i did wrong or what the problem could be? I took it to autozone and used the OBDII scanner , which told me no faults detected!! Please let me know what I may have done wrong!?! Thanks in advanced!!

Coley

Could it be the Abs sensor or the speed sensor? What it is called?! How do i confirm this without aqn obd 2 reader?!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Room,

I have a 97 es300 and i let my friend help me replace the rear struts according to the DIY directions i found on this site. Everything went well, until I went to test drive it! The ABS light came on :cries: , and the trac off light started blinking. :censored: , I feel so bad, I hurt my baby. Could somebody please tell me what i did wrong or what the problem could be? I took it to autozone and used the OBDII scanner , which told me no faults detected!! Please let me know what I may have done wrong!?! Thanks in advanced!!

Coley

• 3 months later...

Hello Room,

Coley

Hello Room,

Coley

I have the same problem. Can someone please respond with a comment.

• 5 months later...
Did you ever find out the solution for this? I have the same exact scenario with my '99 and have not been able to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance-

Everyone is correct, the ABS sensor needs to be pressed out and replaced. Its out of wack!!! Toyota quoted me 600 bucks after an 89 buck diagnostic fee, i chose to keep driving it and get it fixed later, its now 7 months later, still driving with the lights on!!

• 4 months later...

I have the exact same problem. I just replaced my 97 es300 with new KYB struts and Akebono brake pads. After I picked it up from the shop, exact same observation: blinking trac off light and solid ABS light.

Did anybody find any solutions to this?

my bill for the left rear sensor was $300. it solved my problem. but when my defroster or ac is on, sometimes the lights will come back on. i think this is a sensor that has to do with the ac system, not the abs/traction