Seat Piping Repair!

The piping on the driver's seat of my 2002 GS300 is cracked in two places on the seat back and loose and coming off on the seat part. Now before anyone tells me to loose weight, that's not the issue! lol I have a funny feeling the seat covers I had over the Summer were part of the problem. They didn't fit very well.

I found out that under the manufacturer warranty, this would've been covered, but that expired and my

extended warranty won't cover the repair.

Has anyone been through this? I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything related.

I have a few places I intend to get estimates from. I'm in Long island...any one know of a good reputable auto interior repair shop in Western Suffolk?

The piping on the driver's seat of my 2002 GS300 is cracked in two places on the seat back and loose and coming off on the seat part. Now before anyone tells me to loose weight, that's not the issue! lol I have a funny feeling the seat covers I had over the Summer were part of the problem. They didn't fit very well.

I found out that under the manufacturer warranty, this would've been covered, but that expired and my

extended warranty won't cover the repair.

Has anyone been through this? I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything related.

I have a few places I intend to get estimates from. I'm in Long island...any one know of a good reputable auto interior repair shop in Western Suffolk?

I recently purchased a 2000 GS300 that had a section of the piping on the driver's seat bottom missing. The dealer took it an upholstery shop and had it repaired. The piping was not an exact match, but close enough so that unless you knew otherwise you wouldn't realize that it had been replaced. Also, when the car was returned to me I noticed that the lumbar support no longer worked which necessitated a return trip to the dealer for repair. When the upholstery shop repaired the seat, they failed to connect one of the elecrical connectors properly. The dealer found that and fixed the problem. I have noticed that problems with the seat piping are not that unusual on these cars, I'm not sure whether it is faulty material or workmanship.

I'm located in SC, but any reputable ulphostery shop in your local area should be able to repair it for you.

UPDATE:

I contacted Lexus Customer Service, and spoke to a rep about my situation. Long story short, the rep called me back yesterday to advise that the service manager had approved the repair as a "Good will repair" and directed me to schedule a an appointment to come in and have the piping repaired on my seat.

I'm not sure who suggested I contact customer service, or where I got the idea to do so...but thanks to everyone who offered their advice.