Looking To Buy A 2004

ccb

Hi to all! I am wanting to buy a RX 330 and am hoping to get some opinions from other owners here as to whether there are certain years to stay away from, any problems you may have had and so forth. My husband is concerned about us running into expensive repair problems which I understand. I have looked through the message board and have to admit it is a bit overwhelming as I know nothing about cars. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks so much in advance for your help and time.

Sincerely,

Cindy

hey cindy, welcome to the club! :cheers:

i bought my 2004 rx330 in August of 2003 and let me say, it has not had any big problems at all. it is a solid car that when kept maintenanced at the lexus dealership is problem free (every 5K miles, sometimes a little over $100 and sometimes closer to $300. of course, you can do what many people on this site do, and change the oil and stuff somewhere else.

personally, i regret having bought an '04 model, because one big thing changed in 2005. that would be bluetooth phone capabilities with the NAV. thats my only gripe. i hope this helps!

04-06 RX's are pretty much the same cars, no major changes. Some owners still see issues from 04's on the 06's. They are minor by all means, but if you're out of warranty, they can be very expensive. I suggest you read up on this forum before you buy the car. I still think it's a solid car. Dealers have rising inventories of RX's right now, you can be aggressive with the price and get a good deal.

i would like to add from above that lexus treats you right, even without warranty

i am at 54K miles and recently, i had to have my battery changed because it left me stranded (which i called lexus road side and they jump started me for free) and when i went to the dealership the next week, they changed it for free, which saved me a <$100.