Easy Cd Changer Fix

The only thing wrong with the SC4 I bought from a gentleman was the cd changer was not working and is too expensive to have fixed.

I read up on the subject and saw a lot of discussion on it (rollers, skipping, etc.) and the concensus was it is a piece of junk and throw it out.

I tinkered with mine and after figuring out how it works got it working just fine.

There is a reset button, a probe that that recognizes the cartridge is inserted and an arm that pushes/extracts the discs.

After cleaning rollers, lubing parts and freeing up extractor arm I pushed the silver button that lowers the cartridge, reset the unit and now it works great!

Though the unit is terribly over engineered in my opinion it is functional and I think some dealers/repairman are making a fortune off some Lex owners though I am sure there are times the units are actually blown.

The only thing wrong with the SC4 I bought from a gentleman was the cd changer was not working and is too expensive to have fixed.

I read up on the subject and saw a lot of discussion on it (rollers, skipping, etc.) and the concensus was it is a piece of junk and throw it out.

I tinkered with mine and after figuring out how it works got it working just fine.

There is a reset button, a probe that that recognizes the cartridge is inserted and an arm that pushes/extracts the discs.

After cleaning rollers, lubing parts and freeing up extractor arm I pushed the silver button that lowers the cartridge, reset the unit and now it works great!

Though the unit is terribly over engineered in my opinion it is functional and I think some dealers/repairman are making a fortune off some Lex owners though I am sure there are times the units are actually blown.

Great fix, Although some owners are not inclined to tinker with electronics. If it is broke then why not look into it ? What is the loss. :cheers:

Thank you and I could not agree more. It is very gratifying when it works out like this.

Just a heads up on the how it was acting before -

The cartridge would not drop down and the eject button would flash for three seconds when cover was closed. Sometimes when it tried to load the was an awful loud tapping. I think it was the extractor arm.

Nothing would happen when I hit the cd command on dash control.

Hope this saves someone some bucks!!! :)

Great fix, Although some owners are not inclined to tinker with electronics. If it is broke then why not look into it ? What is the loss.:cheers:

• 6 months later...