Hybrid Badge For Rx400h

Here ya go Colo Springs, 689 hybrid decals to choose from:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/search/poe/gif...amp;ru=&rn=

Reply to the decals...I got one from Cafe' Press and it was a Hybrid synergy Drive decal and it was really bad. Cheap and not worthy of our 50K car. Just leave it clean. As I said, I did get Hybrid emblems from my dealership at no cost. Rey Bustos, artist in sunny Ca.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw the 2007 at Taste of Lexus there were blue hybrid signs on the RX400h. But if you look at the dealer accessories on the Lexus site, http://www.lexus.com/models/RXh/accessorie...ow_sticker.html, there are "official" decals for the back window. I'm not sure I'd put one on but I did notice it. I'm sure your dealer would get them and probably give them free. I didn't check mine, but the dealer usually will just give small items.

When I saw the 2007 at Taste of Lexus there were blue hybrid signs on the RX400h. But if you look at the dealer accessories on the Lexus site, http://www.lexus.com/models/RXh/accessorie...ow_sticker.html, there are "official" decals for the back window. I'm not sure I'd put one on but I did notice it. I'm sure your dealer would get them and probably give them free. I didn't check mine, but the dealer usually will just give small items.

I just noticed that the RX400h on the back is blue.:blushing: Its actullly crhome with blue in the middle.

Subtle.

More on the Hybrid Badge saga. I talked to the Lexus dealer about the 2007 hybrid badge on the rear door panel molding that is not on the 2006. He didn't check on price, but said it would be pricy. The only idea the dealer had was to have their guy who does their pin striping to paint a hybrid logo. I'm don't think that I want to go that way though. I did break down and bought the RX400h license plate holders.

I must not be the only one who thinks that having a hybrid is something to be proud of and wanting to display it - I have noticed that all of the 2007 hybrids are coming with hybrid badges or more prominen badges.

On an earlier post, I whined about the 400h not having smart entry/ignition. One response was, "because Lexus thinks buyers want them to be just like non-hybrids". ie, similar ~ undifferent in appearance / functionality.

The fact that you or others are wanting badge / distinction stuff bares out the wrongness of that logic. Heck, the entire shape/style of the prius bares that out, in that tons of folks want to be the 1st on the block to have "new buttons" ~ different stuff ~ etc. To some extent, Lexus really misses the mark in that department.

As for the whole badge thingie? Just give me (if I can't get smart entry/ignition) a front passenger seat with lumbar support!! What's up with that?!?

As for the whole badge thingie? Just give me (if I can't get smart entry/ignition) a front passenger seat with lumbar support!! What's up with that?!?

Yeah, my friend keeps asking me where his lumbar adj is on my $50K luxury vehicle... Next time he askes I'm going to hit the "eject" button on his seat :o

You will have to trade it in and get the '07 for that, as well as laser curise control and a better nav screen/system.

I'll hold out until I can have all that AND the Air Bag susspension with variable height. Maybe they will have VENTALATED seats by then.... hint, hint.

Yeah, my friend keeps asking me where his lumbar adj is on my $50K luxury vehicle... Next time he askes I'm going to hit the "eject" button on his seat :o

You will have to trade it in and get the '07 for that, as well as laser curise control and a better nav screen/system.

I'll hold out until I can have all that AND the Air Bag susspension with variable height. Maybe they will have VENTALATED seats by then.... hint, hint.

Yea, what an irony, that I'd trade in our air suspension range rover for our 'luxury 400h'. They better get with the program, before GM does. So, the '07 has lumbar support? RIGHT ON!! that beats ordering a 'driver seat' from Japan or the uk to get it on the U.S. passenger side, as I've read at least one person did.

My Canon S2 has a super-simple flash activation mechanism - my finger; it lifts and pivots the flash upward, telling the camera that I want the flash to work. Simple, inexpensive, and one less thing to worry about in the future. Why, might you ask, would a high-end point&shoot camera use such a simple flash activation scheme? That's easy to answer - they put most of their money into the superior optics to do what matters most - take excellent pictures.

The point I'm making is that Lexus spent most of the vehicle cost on the incredibly sophisticated hybrid system - a system that no British Range Rover, BMW, or Mercedes can hold a hold a candle to. Would anyone rather have 16 MPG and lumbar support? Not me - I'll take the fuel economy and overlook a couple of "niceties" that I can certainly do without.

People complain about the C5 Corvette's interior, yet nothing else on the road could match its speed, handling , and fuel economy (yes, it gets 29 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH) for the money ($50K, like the Lexus). GM spent their money on these attributes and not so much the features that are less important.

The point I'm making is that Lexus spent most of the vehicle cost on the incredibly sophisticated hybrid system - a system that no British Range Rover, BMW, or Mercedes can hold a hold a candle to. Would anyone rather have 16 MPG and lumbar support? Not me - I'll take the fuel economy and overlook a couple of "niceties" that I can certainly do without.

Those with pain shooting down their legs like fire, likely don't feel the same ... that lumbar support is a mere nicety. Thank God (or your lucky stars) that you can't relate ... and that lumbar support (which in some cases relieves said agony ... especially on trips lasting 100's of miles) is not as important as cleaner smog and higher mileage.

Heck, like I mentioned above, a passenger seat with back support aint no new technology to Lexus ... they already made the right side seat that way for Japan.

More on the Hybrid Badge saga. I talked to the Lexus dealer about the 2007 hybrid badge on the rear door panel molding that is not on the 2006. He didn't check on price, but said it would be pricy. The only idea the dealer had was to have their guy who does their pin striping to paint a hybrid logo. I'm don't think that I want to go that way though. I did break down and bought the RX400h license plate holders.

I must not be the only one who thinks that having a hybrid is something to be proud of and wanting to display it - I have noticed that all of the 2007 hybrids are coming with hybrid badges or more prominen badges.

On an earlier post, I whined about the 400h not having smart entry/ignition. One response was, "because Lexus thinks buyers want them to be just like non-hybrids". ie, similar ~ undifferent in appearance / functionality.

The fact that you or others are wanting badge / distinction stuff bares out the wrongness of that logic. Heck, the entire shape/style of the prius bares that out, in that tons of folks want to be the 1st on the block to have "new buttons" ~ different stuff ~ etc. To some extent, Lexus really misses the mark in that department.

How about a vanity lic plate. HYBRID1 or something. Some enterprising soul will have lic plate frames anodized green with HYBRID stamped top/center.

I am leasing a RX 400h for self-employed-tax-purposes and am currently away from home on business, so can't pick up my 400h until the Friday before Christmas. I wonder if it will come with a big red bow like in the advertisements? :D

Those with pain shooting down their legs like fire, likely don't feel the same ... that lumbar support is a mere nicety. Thank God (or your lucky stars) that you can't relate ... and that lumbar support (which in some cases relieves said agony ... especially on trips lasting 100's of miles) is not as important as cleaner smog and higher mileage.

Heck, like I mentioned above, a passenger seat with back support aint no new technology to Lexus ... they already made the right side seat that way for Japan.

Have you ever looked at statistics showing the average weight of Americans vs. those of other countries' (like Japan's) population? One of the problems with incorporating side bolsters and three sets of lumbar support pillows is that it can be very uncomfortable for "large" people. Lexus is trying to give the large people room by making the seats similar to the old "bench" seats of years ago. I didn't like them then and I'm not a fan of "broad" seats, now. Still, I understand that a car manufacturer can't please all of the people all of the time. I know a hefty former-coworker who chose an RX330 over a BMW X5, partially because of the seats. The X5's were a bit to "constraining" for him.

You may not be severely overweight, but unfortunately, those who are, are in the majority and end up steering design decisions to their favor.

Have you ever looked at statistics showing the average weight of Americans vs. those of other countries' (like Japan's) population? One of the problems with incorporating side bolsters and three sets of lumbar support pillows is that it can be very uncomfortable for "large" people. Lexus is trying to give the large people room by making the seats similar to the old "bench" seats of years ago. I didn't like them then and I'm not a fan of "broad" seats, now. Still, I understand that a car manufacturer can't please all of the people all of the time. I know a hefty former-coworker who chose an RX330 over a BMW X5, partially because of the seats. The X5's were a bit to "constraining" for him.

You may not be severely overweight, but unfortunately, those who are, are in the majority and end up steering design decisions to their favor.

The fat american ~ as long as we're hi-jacking the thread :^) ... is NOT the average Lexus buyer. Lexus supposedly factors in "wealth" WAY over fat. And study's show wealthy folks are predominanty healthier / thinner then their fat counterparts. For a typical study:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity

Some obesity co-factors are resistant to the theory that the "epidemic" is a new phenomenon. In particular, a class co-factor consistently appears across many studies. Comparing net worth with BMI scores, a 2004 study[9] found obese American subjects approximately half as wealthy as thin ones. When income differentials were factored out, the inequity persisted — thin subjects were inheriting more wealthy than fat ones. A higher rate of lack of education and tendencies to rely on cheaper fast foods is seen as a reason why these results are so dissimilar.

So Lexus isn't pandering to the "Big-Mac" & Fries dinner eater. The FACT of fat U.S. citizens, mearly means there are a lot of POORER folks who predominantly eat poorer than those who "know better". BTW neither I nor my spouse are over-weight. But over 30 MILLION U.S. citizens have back pain issues, as does my wife, so she has to drive the 400h & hates her passenger seat. Heck, even a Saturn has passenger lumbar support!

Lexus owners don't fall into the demographic of pooreer-fatter, so leaving off lumar support on the passenger seat just doesn't wash.

The fat american ~ as long as we're hi-jacking the thread :^) ... is NOT the average Lexus buyer. Lexus supposedly factors in "wealth" WAY over fat. And study's show wealthy folks are predominanty healthier / thinner then their fat counterparts. For a typical study:

-----------------------------------------------

Yet STILL heavier than other countries/cultures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity

Some obesity co-factors are resistant to the theory that the "epidemic" is a new phenomenon. In particular, a class co-factor consistently appears across many studies. Comparing net worth with BMI scores, a 2004 study[9] found obese American subjects approximately half as wealthy as thin ones. When income differentials were factored out, the inequity persisted — thin subjects were inheriting more wealthy than fat ones. A higher rate of lack of education and tendencies to rely on cheaper fast foods is seen as a reason why these results are so dissimilar.

So Lexus isn't pandering to the "Big-Mac" & Fries dinner eater. The FACT of fat U.S. citizens, mearly means there are a lot of POORER folks who predominantly eat poorer than those who "know better". BTW neither I nor my spouse are over-weight. But over 30 MILLION U.S. citizens have back pain issues, as does my wife, so she has to drive the 400h & hates her passenger seat. Heck, even a Saturn has passenger lumbar support!

Lexus owners don't fall into the demographic of pooreer-fatter, so leaving off lumar support on the passenger seat just doesn't wash.

Not to hijack this thread too much further, but I have to mention that even though Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes love to believe that their clientelle are all wealthy billionaires, this is simply a fallacy. I know many Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes owners, as well as the people who sell to them and I can assure you that most owners in this area are not in the "wealthy" category. Many have average homes or even condos; some don't even own homes. I am certainly not wealthy by any streatch of the imagination. What is wealthy? Wealthy is NOT middle class and middle class America is very much overweight.

That being said, I must mention that I would love to have my Corvette seats in the Lexus, but that will not happen anytime soon and I certainly don't expect Lexus to imitate BMW's sporty nature any time soon as well.

I do appreciate all of the other technological wonders this car has to offer. Certainly, if my back was so bad that I couldn't drive the RX without pain, I would buy a car that offered seats with more support.

Not to hijack this thread too much further, but I have to mention that even though Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes love to believe that their clientelle are all wealthy billionaires, this is simply a fallacy. I know many Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes owners, as well as the people who sell to them and I can assure you that most owners in this area are not in the "wealthy" category. Many have average homes or even condos; some don't even own homes. I am certainly not wealthy by any streatch of the imagination. What is wealthy? Wealthy is NOT middle class and middle class America is very much overweight.

That being said, I must mention that I would love to have my Corvette seats in the Lexus, but that will not happen anytime soon and I certainly don't expect Lexus to imitate BMW's sporty nature any time soon as well.

I do appreciate all of the other technological wonders this car has to offer. Certainly, if my back was so bad that I couldn't drive the RX without pain, I would buy a car that offered seats with more support.

As for average folks (or even POOR folks) buying pricy cars ... yes, there are tons of ghettos with the Benz or Caddies ... but that wasn't the point ... but rather the 400h. J.D. Power and other marketing/researchers say the typical hybrid buyer is older, wealthier and better educated than the typical new-car buyer. Personally, I don't know market research from shinola ... it's just what I read from those who are supposedly studying the phenomena so manufacturers can best capitolize on it. But yes, I'm certain there are plenty of regular ol' lexus buyers, that spend above their means.

I am thinking about adding the "Hybrid" badge that comes on the sides of the Camry hybrid to the sides of my 400h. I would like for it to be more noticeable that I am driving a hybrid. The only thing that identifies that the RX400h is a hybrid to others is the "h" plus a few exterior differences that most people don't know exist.

Oh sorry Colo Springs, I almost forgot. If you MUST have another badge, or two, you can get them here:

http://sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

...Back in the early 90s, GM introduced the Corvette ZR1. It had 375 horsepower vs about 250 HP for the standard coupe and convertible Corvette. One of the ZR1's most obvious outward-appearing differences was its squarish taillights (coupe and vert lights were round). People who paid an extra $40,000 wanted others to recognize the car they were driving. After a few years of very good sales, GM decided to make ALL Corvettes with the Squarish tail lights. Immediately following this mistake-of-a-design-change, sales of ZR1s dropped drastically.

I remember this and thought the same thing when they did this. Absolutely, a real issue that manufacturers need to consider. Guess that's why the 2007 RX400H prominently displays the HYBRID tag on the sides. Lexus listened to the 2006 Owners!

...Back in the early 90s, GM introduced the Corvette ZR1. It had 375 horsepower vs about 250 HP for the standard coupe and convertible Corvette. One of the ZR1's most obvious outward-appearing differences was its squarish taillights (coupe and vert lights were round). People who paid an extra $40,000 wanted others to recognize the car they were driving. After a few years of very good sales, GM decided to make ALL Corvettes with the Squarish tail lights. Immediately following this mistake-of-a-design-change, sales of ZR1s dropped drastically.

I remember this and thought the same thing when they did this. Absolutely, a real issue that manufacturers need to consider. Guess that's why the 2007 RX400H prominently displays the HYBRID tag on the sides. Lexus listened to the 2006 Owners!

I'd love to know the part number and order badges for the side. Anybody know?

MadloR