Hybrid Badge For Rx400h

I am thinking about adding the "Hybrid" badge that comes on the sides of the Camry hybrid to the sides of my 400h. I would like for it to be more noticeable that I am driving a hybrid. The only thing that identifies that the RX400h is a hybrid to others is the "h" plus a few exterior differences that most people don't know exist.

I am interested in what others think. Are any of you wanting to do the same, or are there negatives to doing this that I am not thinking about? For example, are thieves more likely to steal hybrids.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't do that, as it would be obvious that it was an add-on. If you want it to say "Hybrid", you can get one of the "Hybrid" script logos that seem to be on some of the 400h models, but not on others. Ours is an 06, and didn't come with one, however there were a few on the lot that arrived at the dealer before ours did that DID have them. BTW, it's positioned just below the "400h" on the rear hatch.

Thanks. I hadn't found anything on the Internet relating to a Lexus Hybrid Badge. That would definitely be better than using something from a Toyota product.

I wasn't going to post this question because I thought people might think it was a dumb question, but I'm glad I did now.

Colorado. I don't know what year RX you have, but my 2007 has a chrome "hybrid" inset into the rear door mouldings. If you have a 2006 and it's different, and you have common color to the 2007s, you could probably buy the 2007 mouldings. That's also assuming Lexus doesn't want your right arm for them.

Tom

Colorado. I just noticed on the Lexus site that they sell a small rear window sticker that says, "Lexus Hybrid Drive." Check it out.

Tom

Yeah,

I saw the sticker, but the back window is so dark, I doubt that it would be seen very well. Also, I wasn't sure where the sticker would go related to the rear window defroster. It didn't have the luxury look I was wanting. Thanks for the ideas though.

I agree. Lexus and one other vender that I found do have license plate holders with "RX400h" on them, but I have found nothing with the word "hybrid".

Are you kidding me? Why on earth do you find the need to tell everyone not only are you dringing a Lexus but it's a hybrid on top of that! A true enthusiast/connoisseur doesn't worry themselves with details that pronounce to the world the type of engine or whats under the hood, unless of course you are restoring vehicle badges that came with the car. I think adding something like this to a car that didn't come with it new is a little pretentious maybe.

Jeff. Did it ever occur to you that how other Lexus owners choose to display their cars is not you business? It always amazes me that people who have nothing positive to add to forums can nevertheless find something negative to post.

Why on earth do you find the need to tell everyone not only are you dringing a Lexus but it's a hybrid on top of that! but it's a hybrid on top of that!
Jeff. Did it ever occur to you that how other Lexus owners choose to display their cars is not you business? It always amazes me that people who have nothing positive to add to forums can nevertheless find something negative to post.

Furthermore, driving a “Hybrid” is a GOOD THING. Shall I define what a hybrid is for you?

As for the “Lexus” badge is concerned. They purchased the vehicle with their OWN money. They can do whatever they please with the vehicle and show it off as they please to the world.

There are honest hard working people in this world who worked hard for their money and they have all right in the United States of America to show off their hard work if they want.

Why on earth do you find the need to tell everyone not only are you dringing a Lexus but it's a hybrid on top of that! but it's a hybrid on top of that!

Furthermore, driving a “Hybrid” is a GOOD THING. Shall I define what a hybrid is for you?

As for the “Lexus” badge is concerned. They purchased the vehicle with their OWN money. They can do whatever they please with the vehicle and show it off as they please to the world.

There are honest hard working people in this world who worked hard for their money and they have all right in the United States of America to show off their hard work if they want.

Opps got me.

This post isn't trying to sound better than most people or anything (like some in these posts come off as), but I just generally like the looks of the little badge on the side. It brings a little "break up" to the monoclad side of the RX series.

I think this is one of the reasons why the Prius sells so well (versus the Honda Civic hybrid). On the other hand, one of the good things about the RX400h is that it tends to blend in with all those RX330s out there. It's not like parking a Ferarri or Lamborghini in a sea of common rides. After more than one year of parking everywhere, our RX400h has only a slight cut on its right-side door strip - no key damage from jealous people, thank God.

no key damage from jealous people

is that why they key cars? silly kids...

the prius sells so well because it is rated at 60 mpg lol.

i also would not want to add that hybrid badging on my car, id rather you use a sharpie to do the trick.

I was comparing the Prius to the Honda Civic Hybrid which generally gets similar mileage. :chairshot:

More on the Hybrid Badge saga. I talked to the Lexus dealer about the 2007 hybrid badge on the rear door panel molding that is not on the 2006. He didn't check on price, but said it would be pricy. The only idea the dealer had was to have their guy who does their pin striping to paint a hybrid logo. I'm don't think that I want to go that way though. I did break down and bought the RX400h license plate holders.

I must not be the only one who thinks that having a hybrid is something to be proud of and wanting to display it - I have noticed that all of the 2007 hybrids are coming with hybrid badges or more prominen badges.

More on the Hybrid Badge saga. I talked to the Lexus dealer about the 2007 hybrid badge on the read door panel molding that is not on the 2006. He didn't check on price, but said it would be pricy. The only idea the dealer had was to have their guy who does their pin striping to paint a hybrid logo. I'm don't think that I want to go that way though. I did break down and bought the RX400h license plate holders.

I must not be the only one who thinks that having a hybrid is something to be proud of and wanting to display it - I have noticed that all of the 2007 hybrids are coming with hybrid badges or more prominen badges.

Why not just buy the Toyota Synergy Badge from the Prius!

Here ya go Colo Springs, 689 hybrid decals to choose from:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/search/poe/gif...amp;ru=&rn=

Thanks. I'm not much of a sticker person. I really wanted a chrome badge of some type. Looks like my options are the Camry hybrid bagdes or nothing. I'll probably go with nothing. Thanks for all the input, though.

If someone does find some other type of chrome hybrid badge, please post it.

I am thinking about adding the "Hybrid" badge that comes on the sides of the Camry hybrid to the sides of my 400h. I would like for it to be more noticeable that I am driving a hybrid. The only thing that identifies that the RX400h is a hybrid to others is the "h" plus a few exterior differences that most people don't know exist.

I am interested in what others think. Are any of you wanting to do the same, or are there negatives to doing this that I am not thinking about? For example, are thieves more likely to steal hybrids.

I got three Hybrid Synergy Drive emblems from a Prius(Lexus dealer in Glendale got them for me gratis) and they are on the sides and the back and they look great. I also got three "HYBRID" logotypes as well. I don't care if they're "Toyota",it's not a bad word ya know...and I love the fact that everyone knows my "Princess" is a hybrid...AND a LEXUS!. The add ons might only be noticed as add ons by Rx400h owners. No one that I know asked if they came with the car. Really... Rey Bustos,CA.

no key damage from jealous people

is that why they key cars? silly kids...

the prius sells so well because it is rated at 60 mpg lol.

i also would not want to add that hybrid badging on my car, id rather you use a sharpie to do the trick.

I was comparing the Prius to the Honda Civic Hybrid which generally gets similar mileage.:chairshot:

what does the type of car have to do with any of this? im just selling it sells so well because it has high MPG, which btw, are higher than the civic

what does the type of car have to do with any of this? im just selling it sells so well because it has high MPG, which btw, are higher than the civic

It is well known in the automotive industry that Toyota's Prius far outsells its only true competition - Honda's Civic hybrid. Real world mileage of each is not very different. One of the primary reasons why the Prius sells so well is the fact that it is sold ONLY as a hybrid. If you drive a Prius, it is very obvious from any distance that you are driving a hybrid. This is not the case with the Civic - hence, the slow sales. Since the real world mileage is so close, it is not a major factor when the selection is made by most consumers.

Back in the early 90s, GM introduced the Corvette ZR1. It had 375 horsepower vs about 250 HP for the standard coupe and convertible Corvette. One of the ZR1's most obvious outward-appearing differences was its squarish taillights (coupe and vert lights were round). People who paid an extra $40,000 wanted others to recognize the car they were driving. After a few years of very good sales, GM decided to make ALL Corvettes with the Squarish tail lights. Immediately following this mistake-of-a-design-change, sales of ZR1s dropped drastically.

The bottom line and moral of the story is that if you spend extra money on a car, you deserve to have differentiating external design attributes for instant recognition. This is food for a craving that is rooted in human nature. Does anyone think that a hybrid Corolla would sell as well as the Prius? I think not!

Yes, I thought the same thing. The 2007 RX 400h says HYBRID on the door but its a plain looking silver. I really like the colorful hybrid Camry badge, they should put something similar on the Lexus. :)