Mod Chips For Sc400

bboy

I own a '92 SC400 and am looking for a mod chip designed to replace the existing chip in hopes of a Hp boost- understandably at the loss of gas-mileage efficiency. Has anyone done this or know of a chip that is out there made for this engine. I have been looking and have not run across any obvious chips marketed for the SC400.

Check out luxurymods.com, they offer a computer upgrade. The will need your ecu to do it. Gains are very good I believe its 30hp and 50 lbs torque. I plan to do it eventually, it costs $900 or so. But if those gains are true I think it would be worth it. 250hp---->280hp, nice increase in torque also.

It's called an ECU piggy-back system and not a chip....What it does is attach or wire up to your stock ECU (cars computer brain) and allows you to increase the stock setting of fuel and air mix that is delivered to the engine...Hense more fuel and air give you more power...The most you can expect to gain off this mod is maybe 15hp or so and not 30hp... Stock settings are restrictive as is with most cars.

You can also send in your stock ECU to be recalibrated...There are a few companies that do that too..I don't like that method for tuning reasons alone...

You can expect a ittle hit at the pumps but not much if any......

Apexi piggy back ECU is what I use....Decent...$500 installed and tuned....

and many others out there.......

• 1 year later...

JIBBBY,

What shop did your installation? Do you recommend them?

I'm in the OC, so not far from you.

Thanks!

It's called an ECU piggy-back system and not a chip....What it does is attach or wire up to your stock ECU (cars computer brain) and allows you to increase the stock setting of fuel and air mix that is delivered to the engine...Hense more fuel and air give you more power...The most you can expect to gain off this mod is maybe 15hp or so and not 30hp... Stock settings are restrictive as is with most cars.

You can also send in your stock ECU to be recalibrated...There are a few companies that do that too..I don't like that method for tuning reasons alone...

You can expect a ittle hit at the pumps but not much if any......

Apexi piggy back ECU is what I use....Decent...$500 installed and tuned....

and many others out there.......