Head Unit And A Subwoofer

forte

Hey everyone!

Well, as most of you i'm enjoying my lexus. Moreover, i'm looking to ditch some of the stock stereo components but want to retain a few things due to my budget.

I'd like to install an aftermaket headunit and subwoofer but keep the factory speaker setup. Bare in mind I already have the headunit, amp and sub.

First off, I need some suggestions for dash kit to mount the deck. I hear the metra ones will make due, any recommended online retailers? Along with that, I assume I will need the wiring harness adapter, i've seen many configurations of these suckers, from the RCA, Dim to wire splices and the list goes on. On top of that, most of the websites have toyota model years, and that makes me a bit weary of purchasing. Again, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Beyond this I'm completely clueless. I know I want a preamp signal for the bass, but i'm not sure which wire to get. If someone could breifly explain or diagram my desired wiring configuration I'd be forever gratefull.

1994 Lexus ES300 is the car.

Thanks for your help. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

Well, as most of you i'm enjoying my lexus. Moreover, i'm looking to ditch some of the stock stereo components but want to retain a few things due to my budget.

I'd like to install an aftermaket headunit and subwoofer but keep the factory speaker setup. Bare in mind I already have the headunit, amp and sub.

First off, I need some suggestions for dash kit to mount the deck. I hear the metra ones will make due, any recommended online retailers? Along with that, I assume I will need the wiring harness adapter, i've seen many configurations of these suckers, from the RCA, Dim to wire splices and the list goes on. On top of that, most of the websites have toyota model years, and that makes me a bit weary of purchasing. Again, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Beyond this I'm completely clueless. I know I want a preamp signal for the bass, but i'm not sure which wire to get. If someone could breifly explain or diagram my desired wiring configuration I'd be forever gratefull.

1994 Lexus ES300 is the car.

Thanks for your help. :cheers:

Im sorry i cant help you with your problem. i just have a quick question did u take out your own stock unit?

Im tring to put in an aftermaket head unit.