Stripping The Black Paint Off The Grille

2klx470

Guys,

I read somewhere that when you strip off the black paint on the front grille you will end up with a chrome grille. Is this true? I do not want to experiment until I can verify this info for my 2000 LX470.

Need your expertise here people.

:whistles:

RJ

• 2 weeks later...

yes there is chrome behind that black grille. There is also chrome behind the paint around your rear lience plate area.

Was told by a friend he used grafitti remover and it came right off on his GS300. I tried it once on a spare LX grille and it came off but i never got around to doing a good job on it and just threw it out as it was a chewed up spare i had gotten from a body shop.

Go ahead and try it just dont use anything abrasive that could scratch the chrome. Post pictures!

• 7 months later...
Guys,

I read somewhere that when you strip off the black paint on the front grille you will end up with a chrome grille. Is this true? I do not want to experiment until I can verify this info for my 2000 LX470.

RJ

Ebay sells a kit that sticks on over the painted chrome for 25.00 dont know if this helps

cheers!

Guys,

RJ

Ebay sells a kit that sticks on over the painted chrome for 25.00 dont know if this helps

cheers!

Crap item :chairshot: :censored: